• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,417 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, navs said:

Well, waited for a little bit but finally got the opportunity to win this beauty. Yea she is a bit rough around the edges, but its got character  lol.      Been going a little overboard with buying, need to slow down. Especially with this one, went a little heavy handed on the bidding. Its a wrap for me, for a little while at least. 

tec 40.jpg

That is a tough book to get in any grade.  Wish I hadn't sold mine years ago.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah Pablo!  Here's annother nice Schommy robot classic!

combrickbradford6.jpg

While i know and respect Startling 49's place in the classic cover pantheon, it's a Top 10 Robot cover for me, not Top 5 though. The Brick Bradford is really rising in that respect and of course Fantastic 3 battles it out with SC 49 for most folks' #1. 

But Zip Comics 3 and the underappreciated (imho) Amazing Mystery Funnies v2 #11 and masterpieces to me and in my Top 5 Robo covers.

I think it's time for a poll..hm 

@tabcom Where ya at buddy?

On 7/13/2018 at 2:47 PM, navs said:

Well, waited for a little bit but finally got the opportunity to win this beauty. Yea she is a bit rough around the edges, but its got character  lol.      Been going a little overboard with buying, need to slow down. Especially with this one, went a little heavy handed on the bidding. Its a wrap for me, for a little while at least. 

tec 40.jpg

Not a bad start for your 8th post! Tremendous!

On 7/14/2018 at 12:45 AM, Larryw7 said:

Nice. Canadian edition?

I don't think so?I purchased it from a fellow on here,came from Las Vegas.Same buy as the Green Lama 6 with the odd black ribbon.Can't remember the boadie though.rjpb says he has seen other Quality with 15cents before. The indica looks normal,printed in the USA.

I didn't even notice the price difference until i'd had it a few years.Just lucked out.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:02 AM, sagii said:

While i know and respect Startling 49's place in the classic cover pantheon, it's a Top 10 Robot cover for me, not Top 5 though. The Brick Bradford is really rising in that respect and of course Fantastic 3 battles it out with SC 49 for most folks' #1. 

But Zip Comics 3 and the underappreciated (imho) Amazing Mystery Funnies v2 #11 and masterpieces to me and in my Top 5 Robo covers.

I think it's time for a poll..hm 

@tabcom Where ya at buddy?

I second a poll. Please include this one: 

Strange Adventures 50 19-07-18 FC.jpg