• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't think so?I purchased it from a fellow on here,came from Las Vegas.Same buy as the Green Lama 6 with the odd black ribbon.Can't remember the boadie though.rjpb says he has seen other Quality with 15cents before. The indica looks normal,printed in the USA.

I didn't even notice the price difference until i'd had it a few years.Just lucked out.

Weird. Just like the Batman 2 and Detective 41 with 15 cent prices.

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I am quite happy to add this Fine book to my collection!  Top five of his covers in my opinion.  I hadn't noticed the exposed undergarments before having it in-hand.

Jungle Comics 1 CGC3.5Q.jpg

35 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Somehow that book looks nicer in the slab with that green label! (thumbsu

You're totally right! The green matches much better than blue would, with regard to the color palette on this cover. Of which, those are some nice vivid colors on this copy; they're often pretty washed out.

Fine also did the masthead illustration... so you get a little bit of Fine in each and every issue of Jungle, all the way up to issue #163 in Summer 1954!

23 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Nice as always! What is that "Planet" decal (with rivets no less) near the shiny CGC symbol at the top right of the slab?

The previous owner, a famous Planet boardie, had his collection called Marathon Planet Collection and had decals to distinguish them.  I could remove them easily but they tell some of the story of provenance. 

On 7/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, Robot Man said:

Got this at the Torpedo show. Never seen it before. Was a nice copy fished out of a box from one of the smaller dealers and priced cheap.

Weird idol, chained up babe and a snake. Oh my!

13B9C102-64C2-4072-9A88-1B6CC163F1D5.jpeg

ACGs are kind of the undiscovered country.  Their books from the 1950s are pretty tough to find.  That book, for instance, has only two copies on the census.  As a kid, I remember liking their Unknown Worlds and Forbidden Worlds books.  Not as good as the Lee/Kirby/Ditko pre-hero books, but still good reads.