• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I had never seen this cover before, but while searching a dealer's auctions on ebay I saw it.  I won it cheap too, so I don't know what's up with this book, but I like it.  I mean, just look at it...it has two guns blazing...what could be better than that?  :insane:

30217424788_39ac09c0a5_c.jpg

Cool one “for a western”. I have a few including that one. I believe Schomburg did some in-credited covers for that title.

5 hours ago, comicjack said:

It's all about the red boots making it special :smile:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Apparently I'm in cosmic harmony with my fellow boardies lately because I picked up a copy of that one a couple of weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten around to scanning it.

So you're into red boots too, eh, Sqeggs?

51 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

6 hours ago, comicjack said:

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Apparently I'm in cosmic harmony with my fellow boardies lately because I picked up a copy of that one a couple of weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten around to scanning it.

She can step on my testicles with those red boots anytime... :smile:

3 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

did her appearance in issue 7 and in this issue influence EC in their creation of the Old Witch?

Possibly, but there was an earlier and on-going tradition in radio to have a host for suspense/horror tales.

12 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Possibly, but there was an earlier and on-going tradition in radio to have a host for suspense/horror tales.

From what I've read, there was a radio program in the late '40's that featured an old witch as the host, and it was from that, that Gaines and Feldstein got the idea of having one as a comic book host on their new trend title, TFTC.

Edited by fifties

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:
22 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I had never seen this cover before, but while searching a dealer's auctions on ebay I saw it.  I won it cheap too, so I don't know what's up with this book, but I like it.  I mean, just look at it...it has two guns blazing...what could be better than that?  :insane:

Cool one “for a western”. I have a few including that one. I believe Schomburg did some in-credited covers for that title.

That almost certainly is a Schomburg.  Cool cover!

21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 8/17/2018 at 7:06 AM, comicjack said:

23 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

:whatthe:

On 8/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, Robot Man said:
On 8/17/2018 at 2:26 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Me too...

bronchobill8.jpg

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Me too...

bronchobill8.jpg

and of course...your's is better...your books are always better...grrrr...:pullhair:  lol  but, I see you also have trouble getting the reds to show up correctly on your scans too...what is it with the color red anyway...?

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

21 hours ago, fifties said:

From what I've read, there was a radio program in the late '40's that featured an old witch as the host, and it was from that, that Gaines and Feldstein got the idea of having one as a comic book host on their new trend title, TFTC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witch's_Tale

On 8/18/2018 at 2:47 PM, SuperGrover said:

Super Excited to add this baby to the collection, thanks Ricksneatstuff for, "Again", making my collection amazing!

Auth Police Cases 8.JPG

May want to also post this one in the Baker thread. One of his best covers for that title.