• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jaydog said:

French Batman/Detective issue from 1947  with the Joker

I dont know which issue or series it is from but does have a cool factor IMHO

s-l500 67.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Looks like it might have been taken from the daily newspaper strip. It is a very cool find.

34 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Got this yesterday, Brazilian TEC 38 from 1941

u1kKAmRh.jpg

I've always been curious about how the process worked when it came to these kinds of GA books showing up in other non-English speaking countries (like Brazil) ... How did DC go about accomplishing this? The book would have been printed right in Brazil, or elsewhere (New York, and then sent south)?  How different (if at all) are the panel layouts compared to the US version?  Would the stories have been altered, or perhaps lost a little in translation? Different stories altogether?

41 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

I've always been curious about how the process worked when it came to these kinds of GA books showing up in other non-English speaking countries (like Brazil) ... How did DC go about accomplishing this? The book would have been printed right in Brazil, or elsewhere (New York, and then sent south)?  How different (if at all) are the panel layouts compared to the US version?  Would the stories have been altered, or perhaps lost a little in translation? Different stories altogether?

I think they where printed in Brazil Rio de Janeiro by  Grande Consórcio Suplementos Nacionais , probably someone from DC was living at Brazil at that time so they printed it very close to the US dates . Here`s a pic of the insides, they used B&W

QLtLk7vh.jpg

Some info of the book

Publicado em: 1 de maio de 1941

Editora: Grande Consórcio Suplementos Nacionais 
Licenciador: sem licenciador
Categoria: Revista Periódica
Gênero: Aventura
Número de páginas: 74
Formato: 
Preço de capa:
Crédito da capa e editor 

Primeira aparição de personagens nesta edição: Robin

Batman apresenta Robin, o Menino-Prodígio

Personagens: Batman, Robin, John Grayson, Mary Grayson, Anthony "Gordo" Zucco 
Roteiro: Bill Finger 
Desenho: Bob Kane 
Arte-Final: Jerry Robinson 
Editor original: Whitney Ellsworth 
Publicada originalmente em Detective Comics (1937) n° 38/1940 - DC Comics
O Homem-Morcego ajuda o jovem órfão Grayson a vingar seus pais, acrobatas de um circo assassinados pela máfia. Edição de estréia de Grayson, o primeiro Robin. Foi esta HQ que inspirou o filme "Batman eternamente".

8 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I think they where printed in Brazil Rio de Janeiro by  Grande Consórcio Suplementos Nacionais , probably someone from DC was living at Brazil at that time so they printed it very close to the US dates . Here`s a pic of the insides, they used B&W

QLtLk7vh.jpg

Some info of the book

Publicado em: 1 de maio de 1941

Editora: Grande Consórcio Suplementos Nacionais 
Licenciador: sem licenciador
Categoria: Revista Periódica
Gênero: Aventura
Número de páginas: 74
Formato: 
Preço de capa:
Crédito da capa e editor 

Primeira aparição de personagens nesta edição: Robin

Batman apresenta Robin, o Menino-Prodígio

Personagens: Batman, Robin, John Grayson, Mary Grayson, Anthony "Gordo" Zucco 
Roteiro: Bill Finger 
Desenho: Bob Kane 
Arte-Final: Jerry Robinson 
Editor original: Whitney Ellsworth 
Publicada originalmente em Detective Comics (1937) n° 38/1940 - DC Comics
O Homem-Morcego ajuda o jovem órfão Grayson a vingar seus pais, acrobatas de um circo assassinados pela máfia. Edição de estréia de Grayson, o primeiro Robin. Foi esta HQ que inspirou o filme "Batman eternamente".

46223582101_3d9cca70c5_o.jpg46223582431_383a670878_c.jpg

On 12/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, seems pretty common to get the LT designation even when the covers seem more or less white.  Makes you wonder if you resubmitted, whether the pq roulette might result in a CR-OW. 

Hmm. Page quality as a game of roulette. Seems about right to me. 

28 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Picked this up last week.  Love the date stamp in the T of Two.  I'm not typically into war covers but I've always thought this was one of Davis' best.  This is a Jim Payette 3.0 by the way. 

IMG_3286.thumb.jpg.84cc5c118a6278fcb31aafc75eed2e6d.jpg

Looks way better 

1 minute ago, Larryw7 said:

I purchased a Payette Batman 49 as a VG+ that CGC graded a 7.0. Of course I no longer have it.  :sorry:

This was my first purchase (Bought a couple of books) with Jim and it was great.  He's a good guy and his grading is obviously incredibly strict.  Definitely the strictest grader I've come across.  Needless to say I will be a returning customer.