• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

This unorthodox format comic book (35cm long) here brings a compilation of Secret Agent 9X drawn by Alex Raymond histories originally published in 1934. Released in 18/12/1935 in Brazil. In quite a bad shape, a nearly blank page is detached, the cover is very darkened due to exposure to dust and pollution, as the inner pages and the back cover, that has big crack on its hard cover. Plus the square bound spine is mostly gone. Yet, still like to look at it !

detectivecapa1.jpg

Edited by Kromak
missing information

On 12/22/2018 at 6:53 AM, Kromak said:

This unorthodox format comic book (35cm long) here brings a compilation of Secret Agent 9X drawn by Alex Raymond histories originally published in 1934. Released in 18/12/1935 in Brazil. In quite a bad shape, a nearly blank page is detached, the cover is very darkened due to exposure to dust and pollution, as the inner pages and the back cover, that has big crack on its hard cover. Plus the square bound spine is mostly gone. Yet, still like to look at it !

detectivecapa1.jpg

That was a cool strip.  Great find!

On 12/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, Robot Man said:

Very pretty Tony. I have very few Doc Savage comics. Always liked the Shadow ones better. I do have some of his premiums and a few pulps. This is one of my favorite ones.

pulpdocsavagemarch1938.jpg

Is Doc the villain in this one! :whatthe:

1 hour ago, walclark said:
9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

How did the grades compare?

Exact matches except the Captain Battle Jr. went from ow/w to ow.

That's good.  I've typically lost a half grade to a grade.