• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This is one of my best comic days ever because something I have been wanting for two years actually happened today. I have wanted this Fight Comics 35 Lily Renee Senorita Rio 10 page story original art for a while and it finally came together thanks to a kind boardie friend. I love all the doodles she did around the perimeter and on the bottom on several pages. 

IMG_8214.JPG

That's really awesome! :luhv:

Must be some interesting back-story to how you landed these great pages.... 

Spoiler

This is one of my best comic days ever because something I have been wanting for two years actually happened today. I have wanted this Fight Comics 35 Lily Renee Senorita Rio 10 page story original art for a while and it finally came together thanks to a kind boardie friend. I love all the doodles she did around the perimeter and on the bottom on several pages. 

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8221.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG

Incredible stuff, I love the ink marks and sketches along the edges, would make a great artist edition. Thanks for sharing. :) 

Edited by 10cents

You see this cover a lot on eBay, with various mid-50's books as interiors, as the leftover covers were used up at some point in that timeframe. But this is the actual issue from 1945 with Green Turtle, Black Buccaneer, Jun-Gal and co. -- a Gerber 8 and probably the toughest component of this little run.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Catching up here; finally freed some device storage. The scrawl on the Man #1 is Alan Bellman's sig. I'm not usually an autograph guy but I made an exception for a tough book and a Timely bullpen original.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Love those Looney Tunes. Those early issues just don’t show up that often. 

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Love those Looney Tunes. Those early issues just don’t show up that often. 

Thank you; they really don't! I traded some original edition, early number classics for them. The dealer/collector I traded with also has an 11 and 15, though the 11 is not quite as nice as the other three, but very close. I will be heading back with more firepower for the others.

These copies have some interesting notation inside from the original owner; I will create a separate thread with the insides to see whether anyone else has books from this person. My photos may not do them justice; they are remarkably well-preserved for a little girl's books from 1942.

49 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you; they really don't! I traded some original edition, early number classics for them. The dealer/collector I traded with also has an 11 and 15, though the 11 is not quite as nice as the other three, but very close. I will be heading back with more firepower for the others.

These copies have some interesting notation inside from the original owner; I will create a separate thread with the insides to see whether anyone else has books from this person. My photos may not do them justice; they are remarkably well-preserved for a little girl's books from 1942.

Definitely would love to see the insides.  I have a #1 and have debated trying to pick up the 1st ten issues but they are tough

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Definitely would love to see the insides.  I have a #1 and have debated trying to pick up the 1st ten issues but they are tough

Just posted -- see "The Other Larson Collection" -- curious if others have her books, as they have her obvious initialing and signing and addressing in the same spots.

12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Catching up here; finally freed some device storage. The scrawl on the Man #1 is Alan Bellman's sig. I'm not usually an autograph guy but I made an exception for a tough book and a Timely bullpen original.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:headbang: Nice pick ups! (...and, there is a Looney Tunes Thread you know :baiting: )

8 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

:cloud9:

I've been in love with this cover since I first laid eyes on it.

Nice pick up Gene!

Thx JF! Me too; I've been on the watch for it, but they don't come up all that often. (Though Rick has a 7.0 in his current thread)

When this one popped as a new listing BIN on eBay I grabbed it fast.

I like many of the Doc Savage covers and I like Burns and Allen.  On the same cover, though?  Not so much. 

(Anybody else having trouble with PB's cropping function?  Assuming anyone is left who still uses PB!)

2018-12-20-0001 5.15.29 PM.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs