• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Marty Mann said:

I have a  couple more with the STAR STAMP that came from a store in Bloomfield, NJ.

Marty

Here's another one from the same store.

IMG  BOUNCER  (200 dpi).jpg

8 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

I have a  couple more with the STAR STAMP that came from a store in Bloomfield, NJ.

Marty

Interesting.  You are actually an original owner that can attest to the stamps.  I think I have assumed too much that most stamps were placed by the original owner, but as you point out even non-date star stamps were on books by the store/distributor.

Did you find that each location where you purchased had a different mark?

21 hours ago, path4play said:
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, Marty Mann said:

Marty

Interesting.  You are actually an original owner that can attest to the stamps.  I think I have assumed too much that most stamps were placed by the original owner, but as you point out even non-date star stamps were on books by the store/distributor.

Did you find that each location where you purchased had a different mark?

I had the same thought - that the stars were part of a collection owned by a kid with a star stamp.  Thanks for helping clear up that mystery Marty.