• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2019 at 3:59 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Low Grade but a Tough MLJ with a Sweet cover imo. It shares some similarities with my all time favorite covers Aces very own Our Flag 5....

A230975E-2204-4DA9-A681-07F14F3BCC51.jpeg

38529FAA-CAF0-4C2B-B844-3D0A507A2F84.jpeg

Ginooooooo!!

Congrats brother, i know that one has been on your radar for years. Sweet pickup and one of the great Hero/Horror mash-up covers! :applause:

13 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Normally when I upgrade a book the undercopy goes to market. Copy on the right is a Raymond Miller so wanted an unrestored copy and got it. Book will be CGCd. Both are stayin’ with me this time I just love this book. 2 #22s!!🤟😊

C9709767-AC72-42D2-84E4-4C4153AB2867.jpeg

Outstanding, and sooooooo rare! And you've got two!!! (worship)

Part of an OO collection I purchased 2 years ago of approx. 400 PCH, Sci-Fi, Jungle and Crime. Comics were mailed to me raw, no bags or boards just wrapped in old plastic bags, This comic survived nearly 70 years unprotected in this man's home. Then it gets handled by someone else cleaning out the home. She takes pictures of the comics by putting them out on her driveway. She still has to ship and then I have to handle it page by page and then it gets shipped again to CGC for a press and a grade. I just think it's a great story. I'll post the slabbed pic next. Back cover was flawless as well. Anyone want to guess on grade?

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

3 hours ago, VAZ said:

Part of an OO collection I purchased 2 years ago of approx. 400 PCH, Sci-Fi, Jungle and Crime. Comics were mailed to me raw, no bags or boards just wrapped in old plastic bags, This comic survived nearly 70 years unprotected in this man's home. Then it gets handled by someone else cleaning out the home. She takes pictures of the comics by putting them out on her driveway. She still has to ship and then I have to handle it page by page and then it gets shipped again to CGC for a press and a grade. I just think it's a great story. I'll post the slabbed pic next. Back cover was flawless as well. Anyone want to guess on grade?

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

Awesome!  Really high.  Looks like a Gaines Copy.  I think I just saw a 9.8 of that book recently.   I'm not sure I see anything worth dinging it for on the cover.  Possibly a slightly fuzzy bottom left corner.    The minuscule color break a couple inches in on the top isn't worth marking down for.   Could be a 9.6.   I'd never say that on any gold book, but we've seen the covers of probably 1000+ EC file copies ranging from about 8.5-9.8, most of which are 9.4s, 9.6s, or 9.8s.  That looks as good as they do from what I see.

4 hours ago, VAZ said:

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

Beautiful copy. Was the whole collection high grade?

Ken

On March 8, 2019 at 7:47 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

In the mail today...

LOL  WTF?

47322748531_bfe1758fd5_c.jpg

Holy Karp, Brian! If that Little Lulu was a Little Archie with say Moose and Betty, it would be worth a fortune! 

Also, that western nobody collects -- I kept the same Bobby Benson; it was the only non-CI that I kept after culling that large collection of 16 long boxes that was 85% Classics Illustrated. 

Edited by Readcomix
Added thought

22 hours ago, VAZ said:

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

9.8 on a 70 year old OO book! Astounding!  Congrats, and can’t wait to see what else came out of that collection.

Edited by szav