• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Inaflash said:

I was going to bid on that one. Nice cover image.

I just found out that the “piece missing” is actually included in the book.  I’m going to ask CGC to change the language on the label.

7 hours ago, nearmint said:

I just found out that the “piece missing” is actually included in the book.  I’m going to ask CGC to change the language on the label.

Could you have it reattached and get a conserved grade?

1 minute ago, Inaflash said:

Could you have it reattached and get a conserved grade?

Probably, but I have no problem with the qualified label.  I just don't agree that the piece is missing, or that the book is incomplete.  It should be treated like a detached centerfold, but on a smaller scale. 

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

That’s gorgeous.

Thanks! It's always had blazing colors and bright pages, but a wicked spine roll, such that I was concerned the cover would detach on its own. There's also a long tear through Catman's crotch (yeeouch), but very hard to spot now that it's been sealed. Mad props to @Phill the Governor for the careful work!