• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,417 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Unusual, as there are very few WWII books that show Australian soldiers.

The Germans considered them the toughest infantry they faced.

Went to visit my Grandma this weekend and passed through a little town in the middle of nowhere that had a little junk shop and I stopped in and found some comics and other stuff for next to nothing. No one will be impressed with them, but to me there's nothing like digging through stacks of junk and finding old comics and cool stuff. This is the first time in probably 15 years that I found anything good at all in an antique shop or flea market or anywhere.

002.thumb.JPG.493c07560782f73ef5081f91777435ef.JPG

9 hours ago, catman76 said:

Went to visit my Grandma this weekend and passed through a little town in the middle of nowhere that had a little junk shop and I stopped in and found some comics and other stuff for next to nothing. No one will be impressed with them, but to me there's nothing like digging through stacks of junk and finding old comics and cool stuff. This is the first time in probably 15 years that I found anything good at all in an antique shop or flea market or anywhere.

002.thumb.JPG.493c07560782f73ef5081f91777435ef.JPG

Preaching to the choir man. I love digging through junk shops for treasure. Never know what might turn up. If you do it enough, sooner or later you will score. Believe me!

Love the Studio Art Studies...

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Got this little Prize in the mail yesterday!! Was looking for a blue label and this one has nice OW-White pages...check er out @sagii

D72A1FA5-CF5E-433C-95ED-3933AD1B0CD0.jpeg

Gino, you know how much I love this one. I think the pond we both fish in is now a tank :D

One of the best covers in the Prize run, and very HTD.

Major congrats sir!:headbang:

4 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Got this little Prize in the mail yesterday!! Was looking for a blue label and this one has nice OW-White pages...check er out @sagii

Fantastic, Gino! Octopus cover, with beady yellow eyes no less. 

Who knew this was a Zolnerowich cover? Wouldn't've been the first artist to come to my mind.

16 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

12 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Who knew this was a Zolnerowich cover? Wouldn't've been the first artist to come to my mind.

Amazing book! I’d never seen this one before.

Love to see Zolnerowich covers I didn’t know about, he is my favorite.

19 hours ago, sagii said:

Gino, you know how much I love this one. I think the pond we both fish in is now a tank :D

One of the best covers in the Prize run, and very HTD.

Major congrats sir!:headbang:

True story!! Thanks bro!!

19 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

6 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Amazing book! I’d never seen this one before.

Love to see Zolnerowich covers I didn’t know about, he is my favorite.

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

Awesome book Gino!  

Thanks Gentlemen!! Yeah Dan is actually credited as doing a couple Prize comics covers I think issue #34 is another as well which is (side note) the first app of Airmale who was a biologist that developed, “flight fluid” 🙌😂 Interstingly in issue 43 the book I posted the Airmale story is credited to R. Patenaude who just so happens to be an artist I enjoy the work of greatly. It’s Airmale last app as he is drafted. Cool little ending imo

Tough book with only 7 Blue labels and 1 slight resto copy. Here is the slight resto copy it is also mine I subbed it myself so technically I own 2 of the 8 total cgc copies haha!!. Could be reversed I am sure But I am still upset they labeled it with brittle pages because I have handled brittle pages and don’t agree with this assesment. Looks nice in the holder though if anyone is interested in this second copy shoot me a PM 👍 Snagged some interior shots prior to getting er’ slabbed 

C674F04A-CA81-478D-83C6-9F08621791BB.jpeg

9A10F1F8-9C04-450D-93AD-E82FDFA4C846.jpeg

5820D91B-E057-4667-B9F1-ECA680B13791.jpeg

852CB402-9990-4BE6-B8B3-7515BAFE33BB.jpeg

3B5E28AC-FFC5-4033-9E86-37A9C3CE3191.jpeg

1986FB4E-7A71-4F8D-9927-D8EE2CA7696C.jpeg