• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2019 at 6:22 AM, Tbone911t said:

To Kirby from Will Eisner, be cool if it was Jack Kirby....

IMG_20190516_213211_993.jpg

20190514_192252.jpg

Looks real enough to me! It should be easy to find examples of Kirby's and Eisner's signatures for comparison. I've convinced myself (and a few other boardies) that my copy of Mystery Men 5, with a signature by George Tuska on the cover, is really his authentic signature.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, Joshua33 said:

Would have posted this in the Matt Baker Covers Only thread, but somebody beat me to it. Been after this book for a minute!!! Finally, she's mine.:banana:

20190509_131240.jpg

Great pickup, Joshua! My favorite Baker (along with Nightmare #13). I prefer my Bakers with weird horror, which I know (blasphemy!) excludes most of his weird romance books. :whatthe:  :wink:

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

In hand today, so figured I would throw it up here again with an actual pic.No filters or anything to give true color. 

For me, this book was a conquest to fulfill a commitment to myself to at least have owned my 100 favorite covers from the Photojournals at one point or another. 

I derive as much joy from knowing what I had as actually having it. I know that is foreign to many in the collecting community. I should rent someone's Action 1 and Tec 27 for a week.hm

IMG_3215.JPG

Epic book Rick!  Everyone has their own collecting style.  While I may be just slightly stickier (We both have books we will never give up) I collect the same way.  If I don’t have an attachment with a book I’ll put it towards one i do.  Congrats on a huge achievement!

Edited by comicquant

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

In hand today, so figured I would throw it up here again with an actual pic.No filters or anything to give true color. 

For me, this book was a conquest to fulfill a commitment to myself to at least have owned my 100 favorite covers from the Photojournals at one point or another. 

I derive as much joy from knowing what I have had as I do from actually having it. I know that is foreign to many in the collecting community. I should rent someone's Action 1 and Tec 27 for a week.hm

IMG_3215.JPG

(worship)