• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Wow.  Never saw this one before, so cool. Nice pick-up Adam!

Thanks! Im extremely happy to have found it finally. It's not one that you see everyday come up for sale, especially in grade. So feeling very fortunate.

5 hours ago, Twistty1 said:

Thanks! Im extremely happy to have found it finally. It's not one that you see everyday come up for sale, especially in grade. So feeling very fortunate.

An eBay pick up of mine from long ago.  Enjoy it.  It's not an easy book to find. 

I've been lucky lately and scoffing up some fun books. I'll be posting all the new acquisitions in the coming weeks.

Here's a Funny Pages #8 (third issue).

Clock appearance.

7 universal on the CGC census (one restored). None higher than a 7.5.

This was sold to me as an 8.0 (which it probably isn't). Might tie for highest graded.

FP8.png

On 6/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, Twistty1 said:

Finally found a copy of this H cover. Took me awhile to find a nice one. Now I need to find the pin cushion.

IMG_5446.jpeg

I have a lower grade copy and am glad to have it. Just never see this one very often.

And I used to have. WWII era Hitler push cushion but gave it to a friend as a present. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, buttock said:

An eBay pick up of mine from long ago.  Enjoy it.  It's not an easy book to find. 

Hey dan, did you consign it? I previously lost out on about 3 different copies over the years. All lower grade than this one. 

Edited by Twistty1

2 minutes ago, Twistty1 said:

Hey dan, did you consign it? I previously lost out on about 3 different copies over the years. All lower grade than this one. 

Yup.  Congrats!

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have a lower grade copy and am glad to have it. Just never see this one very often.

And I used to have. WWII era Hitler push cushion but gave it to a friend as a present. 

I saw one on eBay last year but didn’t buy it because I didn’t have the book. I should’ve had more foresight, and optimism fir that matter.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:31 PM, Twistty1 said:

Finally found a copy of this H cover. Took me awhile to find a nice one. Now I need to find the pin cushion.

IMG_5446.jpeg

Fabulous Adam!