• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, october said:

The Spokane copy was the best I've been able to find. 

It's shame you couldn't find one with nicer pages.  :frown:

2 hours ago, october said:

It's a cool issue. Haven't seen many nice copies. The Spokane copy was the best I've been able to find. 

voodoo 2.jpg

I hate it when I have to settle for Spokanes

On 6/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, Joshua33 said:

Thank you @Nikelspot for putting my long search to rest! I love this book. The interiors are almost as good as the cover. How much longer is gonna take to find in high grade now?...

20190624_155708.jpg

I remember when the Auroa copy of this book sat around on Ebay and CC for ages with no takers. Maybe 18months? Oh how times have changed. 

8 hours ago, Jayman said:

It’s one of my favorites also...

Voodoo2aCGC7.5.jpg

Even if it’s part swipe/redrawn...

Prize46-Voodoo2_zpsh9ypljuh.jpg

Yeah. Even with the swipe.

I need to get a copy of that Prize. It's  been on my list for awhile. Not an easy one either!

3 hours ago, october said:

Yeah. Even with the swipe.

I need to get a copy of that Prize. It's  been on my list for awhile. Not an easy one either!

Which begs the question; Is this Matt Baker just adding South Seas Girl? Did he use stats and redraw parts? Or not him at all? Anyone know? (shrug)

44 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Which begs the question; Is this Matt Baker just adding South Seas Girl? Did he use stats and redraw parts? Or not him at all? Anyone know? (shrug)

Does not look like Baker to me, especially given how much of the cover is a direct lift, but I guess it's possible. He did work for Farrell. (shrug)

Edited by october

On 6/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, october said:
On 6/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, Jayman said:

Does not look like Baker to me, especially given how much of the cover is a direct lift, but I guess it's possible. He did work for Farrell. (shrug)

Baker checklist does not include this cover and my Spidey senses are not tingling. 

Baker did very little for Farrell, some of which is definitely Seven Seas stories re-drawn to meet the code.  A few pieces are listed as Baker pencil layouts with finishes by others.  Which, even if that was Baker's involvement, it may be leftover earlier material from the Iger shop.

Edited by adamstrange