• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, path4play said:

Back from CGC today.  I don't know, I'm thinking a crack and press for re-submission?

img02507012019.jpg

So, did you read it before getting it graded? Did Cap win the election? And how many votes are in there in Dayton, Ohio? hm

On 7/18/2019 at 4:50 PM, circumstances said:
On 7/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, comicquant said:

I think it was $5 per book.  They email it to you when the book is shipped.

Pretty cool.

Had no idea!

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think there's a box you can check on the submission form. The scans used to be small and fuzzy. Looks like they've greatly improved them, which makes me think I might start doing it. 

:gossip: shhhhh

Wouldn't want them to go back to the small and fuzzy ones 

Just now, sagii said:
18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

:gossip: shhhhh

Wouldn't want them to go back to the small and fuzzy ones 

Maybe it was just me who got the small and fuzzy ones. They may have been sending me a message. (The message being to submit higher priced books!)

54 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

So, did you read it before getting it graded? Did Cap win the election? And how many votes are in there in Dayton, Ohio? hm

Lol - I like this book so much I actually have another un-slabbed copy - its probably in 8.5-9.0 range.  I have yet, however to read it either:slapfight:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

This was the first time I’ve had them done and for the same reason.  The image quality definitely used to be fairly poor.  I’m happy with these and will likely have more scanned in the future.  

3 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:
  • 14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

"Kind of odd that this run was a quarterly from its start in 1942 through the end of 1945."

• 5 hours ago, adamstrange said: "Wartime paper rationing."

I'm curious, Sqeggs, as to why you thought it might be the other way around?

Well S&K created it as a WW II book. You might think it would have been more popular then than it would have been after the war ended. But I forgot that DC might not have been able to issue it as a bi-monthly during the war because of rationing.