• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, AndyFish said:

IMG_4150.thumb.JPG.951fd4ce0febe655ce9cbd6b13bd3bd2.JPG

Last cardboard cover in the run and a fun cover-- lousy picture but this one is a nice solid F from Ted at Superworld Comics.

IMG_4150.JPG

Fifteen cents for a COMIC BOOK?

Edited by fifties

5 hours ago, fifties said:

That's the reason I only have a few COMIC CAVALCADE'S and WORLD'S FINEST in my collection.

Most of the ones I do have were paid for by my Grandmother when we went shopping.

Marty

23 hours ago, AndyFish said:

IMG_4150.thumb.JPG.951fd4ce0febe655ce9cbd6b13bd3bd2.JPG

Last cardboard cover in the run and a fun cover-- lousy picture but this one is a nice solid F from Ted at Superworld Comics.

IMG_4150.JPG

5 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

That's the reason I only have a few COMIC CAVALCADE'S and WORLD'S FINEST in my collection.

Most of the ones I do have were paid for by my Grandmother when we went shopping.

Marty

11 hours ago, fifties said:

I think the above was around 80 pages? The last ones were down to 68 pages like where  most SA annuals would be at a decade later although World’s Finest stayed at 15 cents where as the SA annuals ran 25 cents.Those early fat ones at 96 pages are nice though. Brings meaning to the word book in comic book...:cloud9:

Edited by N e r V

23 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Not a comic, more platinum than gold, but definitely cigar worthy. Cross posted in pulp thread :cloud9:

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

All you need now is a copy of Action comics #1 and you can call it a day...:baiting:

36 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I clearly know nothing about pulps 

Its the first appearance of Tarzan and there are very few known copies. This is arguably the start of the hero genre that lives on today, the success of ERB's hero's launched an incredible demand for more hero driven content leading not only to the entire Jungle oriented content that followed but more "superhuman" types such as Doc Savage, The Avenger, etc.