• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, Robot Man said:

$2,500 for a barely vg copy seemed rather steep for me. And yes, I don’t want it THAT bad...

Agreed and enjoyed the discussion you and N e r v had about it. Yes, price sensitive on the cheap side is one thing (I have often seen someone balk at paying $450 because they were determined not to go a penny past $375) but not wanting to pay $2500 for VG when a 9.0 went recently for 1800 (as an example) seems pretty reasonable. :) I would put it back and keep looking too!

In my case there's exactly one issue of Mister Mystery I still need to have the full run, but no available copies are pleasing me aesthetically for what they're asking. Not that I have an issue with current pricing so much as the books I've seen are fugly -- eventually, I'll happen upon it, or not. :)

On 11/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, porcupine48 said:

I can't stop thinking about how much I love this cover.Now that I've scored a Wonder Woman #21,this has taken the checked off spot on my have to have some day list.This and Strange Adventures #52 are two books I learned I like from you,merci!Oh,and the French JFK mags!

We aim to please.

A CGC 5.5 I passed on for my copy just sold in a comic link auction.

I wanted the higher number and PQ...