• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2019 at 4:54 PM, Black Bat said:

Been trying to avoid these early hero/horror books because I "only" buy horror and crime but I happened to see this in the Heritage auction and couldn't resist. Put in a casual bid and won. Now one of my favorite books.  God help me!   

ThrillingComics#1slab.jpeg

This is a GREAT pickup!!! I would have chased you down on this one for sure but I fell asleep!! I set the text alert and slept right through it too!! Awesome addition to the collection bro congrats!! 

On 11/24/2019 at 4:54 PM, Black Bat said:

Been trying to avoid these early hero/horror books because I "only" buy horror and crime but I happened to see this in the Heritage auction and couldn't resist. Put in a casual bid and won. Now one of my favorite books.  God help me!   

ThrillingComics#1slab.jpeg

Very cool book with a great color palette! To be honest, I don’t see how “Dr. Strange” stands a chance against that tiger!

On 12/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I was happy to win this last night! 

More Fun 48 3.5 c-ow front.jpg

Flessel! Or as his friends sometimes called him, "Fless" (I got that from Alter Ego.)

Actually... this is not a Flessel cover. :blush:

CGC has the wrong cover attribution.

As per comics.org, this cover used to be attributed to Flessel, but is now attributed to John Richard Flanagan. :foryou:

Just goes to show: don't trust the label! 

Edited by Zolnerowich
Flanagan's the man

On 12/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, Marty Mann said:

THE  HARLEQUIN shared quite a few covers with GREEN LANTERN.

IMG  GL  (200 dpi).jpg

Wow,what a FANTASTIC cover Marty! I think the penciled markings are great too.There's a lot covers that I just love now-and I've hunted down a few-that I never knew just how much I liked until you've posted them,and knowing you bought them yourself from the stand just adds that much more awe and nostalgia to seeing them for me.As always,thanks for sharing.

44 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Got this cool little Fawcett in the mail when I got home this morning from my buddy Kenny “THE MAN” Sanderson!! Buster it out and much to my surprise it had an autograph of none other than Otto Binder himself?!! Looks legit to me based on the only auto I could find of him. Datestamped almost 10 years prior to his death. Anyone want to take a stab at whether this is legit or not? Either way cool book!! Thanks pal!!

64D065AF-4376-4823-8523-736E6899D367.jpeg

39975D97-324C-4384-80FF-7E7E22A9E3D1.jpeg

372B853A-B1C2-4AB7-993E-E5344E191A22.jpeg

B48FB4A1-4B4F-421E-AF3C-3E82B9B4C9A6.jpeg

A3E0A2F7-8EC6-486E-95AA-5EB51011E6C5.jpeg

Wow, very cool for a Fawcett interior Gino. Thanks for posting them. Most people never get passed the great cover. And yes, I believe the autograph is genuine. 

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, very cool for a Fawcett interior Gino. Thanks for posting them. Most people never get passed the great cover. And yes, I believe the autograph is genuine. 

thanks brother totally agreed and that’s awesome a vote from you carries a boat load of credit in my book!!!