• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, sacentaur said:

A CalComicCon pickup from Harley Yee (who had an accurate grade on the raw book). I’ve been after the right copy of this issue for a long while now, many thanks to @Ricksneatstuff who helped me with pricing (I’m not familiar enough with the Duck market) and again to Harley for being easy to work with/amenable to my offer. :cloud9:

C1018FA5-EDE8-4532-A2D0-2DA0392682ED.jpeg

You sure had a great show Steve. That is a great book. Such a fun read too. It would’ve a shame to have it slabbed. 

22 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Sourced these today. 536 extraordinarily high grade Big Little and Better Little Books. I am quite sure that some of these are the highest graded copies existent. Am pretty sure these will be going to Heritage but I need to talk to them on Monday.

It takes a great deal for me to go "wow" anymore, but this did it.

image.png

image.png

those are all first printings from the late 1930s.

:whatthe:(worship)  That is amazing!  Condition looks spectacular.  Congrats on the deal.

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This one came back a little lower than I expected. It’s always some little stain that deducts a full point from the grade. I’m not as offended by a light stain as some must be. This book is quite tough.  I’ll take it how I can get it. 

48E367E7-3D6B-4935-95FC-A9BE3F515E23.jpeg

Beautiful cover, cgc hammers stains with avengence :makepoint: VF=FN. 

On 2/1/2020 at 4:32 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Sourced these today. 536 extraordinarily high grade Big Little and Better Little Books. I am quite sure that some of these are the highest graded copies existent. Am pretty sure these will be going to Heritage but I need to talk to them on Monday.

It takes a great deal for me to go "wow" anymore, but this did it.

image.png

image.png

those are all first printings from the late 1930s.

I guess readers were expected to move up to Big Little Books once they "outgrew" comic books? 

18 hours ago, Komic Kazi said:

O Lobinho #7

1st apperance of Batman Brazil

Publisher Grande Consórcio Suplementos Nacionais, Brazil 1941.462443102_Lobinho7.thumb.jpg.fde86022bc65ccfdcc6ba9572a1b1947.jpg

What happened to his shirt?