• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, circumstances said:

Mail call! Captain Aero Comics #5, Holyoke, May, 1942. World War II cover. Joe Kubert art. 6 universal copies on the CGC census, none higher than a 5.0.

20200304_094231.jpg

Tough book! I don't recall checking the census but now I know why I haven't been able to find a high grade copy.  Nice grab!!!:applause:

6 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Tough book! I don't recall checking the census but now I know why I haven't been able to find a high grade copy.  Nice grab!!!:applause:

Thanks!

Walclark has the 5.0. He posted it in a thread when he completed the run (which I just bumped).

He also has the mile high #1, which is incredible (a 9.6).

1 minute ago, circumstances said:

Thanks!

Walclark has the 5.0. He posted it in a thread when he completed the run (which I just bumped).

He also has the mile high #1, which is incredible (a 9.6).

I remember him posting the Church #1. Just incredible!!! It's a great run that I think is kind of overlooked. I think if some knew how rare they are that they'd see them in a different light. I only have the #23 at present.

Captain Aero 23.jpg

5 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I remember him posting the Church #1. Just incredible!!! It's a great run that I think is kind of overlooked. I think if some knew how rare they are that they'd see them in a different light. I only have the #23 at present.

Captain Aero 23.jpg

Great LB Cole and Big Apple ped!

His 5.0 #5 is in a large holder. I'm thinking a spine roll might have taken it out of the regular size slab.

33 minutes ago, circumstances said:

Great LB Cole and Big Apple ped!

His 5.0 #5 is in a large holder. I'm thinking a spine roll might have taken it out of the regular size slab.

Thanks!!! Yeah, when I saw it, I had to have it!! (thumbsu

He could probably have that pressed out but there's often times a dice roll with that, depending on a few factors like paper quality and structural integrity of the spine. 

Edited by Frisco Larson