• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,444 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

LOVE that one Mike and you almost NEVER see it!!! I've only owned one copy in my life and it's still in the hands of the buddy I sold it to over 20 years ago!!! That's one killer looking 3.0 you've got there!!! :applause:

Thanks so much, I was so happy to find a copy. Been looking for awhile and this one looked great for the grade. Now need to find the more fun 54, but that book is starting to feel impossible to find in lower grade.

32 minutes ago, Mike maio said:

Thanks so much, I was so happy to find a copy. Been looking for awhile and this one looked great for the grade. Now need to find the more fun 54, but that book is starting to feel impossible to find in lower grade.

You're very welcome, thanks for sharing it!!! Yeah, that 54 is a REAL tough book in ANY affordable condition! Plus you seldom even see it offered for sale :/  Good luck on your search!! :wishluck:

18 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:
19 hours ago, Mike maio said:

You're very welcome, thanks for sharing it!!! Yeah, that 54 is a REAL tough book in ANY affordable condition! Plus you seldom even see it offered for sale :/  Good luck on your search!! 

It is actually pretty easy to find in 8.0 or better right now. I think there are three 8.0 and one 9.0 available around the interwebs.

I already posted this elsewhere, but I managed to get my hands on these two: Captain Marvel Adventures #20 and Captain Marvel Jr. #24 (UK Editions), though the latter's front cover is detached with a clean split down the spine, and there being a strip of tape down the spine edge of the back cover ~

Captain Marvel Adventures #20: Editorial announces end of Captain Marvel Adventures series & start of Marvelman (later Miracleman). 2nd appearance of Marvelman in text form.

Captain Marvel Jr. #24: Title changed to The Young Marvelman. Both editorial and club pages refer to the next issue when Young Marvelman would take over the title.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Edited by Bart Allen