• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Good eye Marty!!! I didn't know that the cover was recycled and used again!   (thumbsu

Thanks...even used in issue #61 to promote  #62...but reversed.

IMG   LI'L ABNER PROMO FOR #62 (1948)  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Sweet!!!! It's a Centaur too, one of Jon's favorite collecting focal points!!! Well done!!!!  :applause::applause:. :applause:  

Thanks! My thoughts back then during the auction was I had to at least get a Larson and/or Centaur book (two factions of the hobby closely associated with Mr. Berk) from that auction.

20 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks! My thoughts back then during the auction was I had to at least get a Larson and/or Centaur book (two factions of the hobby closely associated with Mr. Berk) from that auction.

I couldn't agree more, as I got 2 Larsons and 2 Centaurs (now sold) and an Ace book which I will likely sell in the near future to pursue other books.

24 minutes ago, sagii said:

These are what I have left from my Berk auction winnings: 

Popular 57 7.5 ow-w Larson front.jpg

Popular 58 7.5 ow-w Larson front.jpg

super mystery v5 #6 front.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I couldn't agree more, as I got 2 Larsons and 2 Centaurs (now sold) and an Ace book which I will likely sell in the near future to pursue other books.

I originally was looking for a higher graded copy but this one popped up on Jimjum’s thread and presents so well I thought what the hell...

I’ve owned several now but really wanted this issue back. Other than #23 which I got years ago from Gator now these issues of a Torch won’t be leaving anytime soon...:cloud9:

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

I originally was looking for a higher graded copy but this one popped up on Jimjum’s thread and presents so well I thought what the hell...

I’ve owned several now but really wanted this issue back. Other than #23 which I got years ago from Gator now these issues of a Torch won’t be leaving anytime soon...:cloud9:

It's a great looking copy for that grade! My last copy (I've had a few over the years) was a 6.0 with a small amount of reversible work. It's an easy book to find, even in nice shape, so I'll likely add it back in the future, just need to find the right copy.

1 minute ago, sagii said:

You know I love my Aces, but those Popular Larson copies are stunners! :cloud9:

Thanks Corey! Hey, do you have any interest in the Super-Mystery? It's gonna be up for sale in a future thread or just outright to someone who wants it. Say the word and you got dibs. 

7 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks Corey! Hey, do you have any interest in the Super-Mystery? It's gonna be up for sale in a future thread or just outright to someone who wants it. Say the word and you got dibs. 

PM sent