• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,417 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Couple books back from CGC

victorycomics1.thumb.jpg.71ab185b7c0309b015224a89809ab656.jpg

The real question is, should I attempt at un-plod or leave it? hm

jumbo12.thumb.jpg.a770b08a976a62a929fcd8ba0fdf28b9.jpg

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. In addition to what you already know about the seller, he is also known to “work” on his books. He used to point it out to me and was actually pretty good at it. 

Funny, that even that the locals know about him, they are still buying his books...

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. In addition to what you already know about the seller, he is also known to “work” on his books. He used to point it out to me and was actually pretty good at it. 

Funny, that even that the locals know about him, they are still buying his books...

They still buy his books because he prices them cheap (because most are stolen anyways :roflmao:)  Flippers dream come true.. Outdated overstreet and doesn't use the internet to follow current FMV.

Luckily I don't think he touched the Larson but I could be wrong. Larson's are known to have minor resto on some. Either way, I'm sending it off to get the tear sear removed  :wishluck:

Edited by Silver_Couch_Surfer

I didn't want to mention how he came by the books. Sure he sells them cheap because he stole them. Some people would buy a book from Satan if the price is right. These people have no ethics and are scum when they knowingly do it. They are as much a scourge on this hobby as those who actually steal, touch up books and pass them off to others without a word. There are several local guys that are still dealing with him knowing this. A couple might be reading this. Can I be friendly with them? Sure, but I won't deal with them and if anyone asked if they were involved, I would have to say yes.

This person has been thrown out of many shows here because of it but there is still a show he is allowed into even though the promoter knows it but gets some "great deals" from it. He still sells at flea markets with a guy that caught him stealing his own stuff! And, the "deals" are often not that great especially when you find un-disclosed resto.

There is no place in this hobby for people like this.

And, Kristian is a good guy. He found out after he bought books from this individual that they were stolen and cut the seller loose. There are still people who put ethics in front of a little short term profit.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I didn't want to mention how he came by the books. Sure he sells them cheap because he stole them. Some people would buy a book from Satan if the price is right. These people have no ethics and are scum when they knowingly do it. They are as much a scourge on this hobby as those who actually steal, touch up books and pass them off to others without a word. There are several local guys that are still dealing with him knowing this. A couple might be reading this. Can I be friendly with them? Sure, but I won't deal with them and if anyone asked if they were involved, I would have to say yes.

This person has been thrown out of many shows here because of it but there is still a show he is allowed into even though the promoter knows it but gets some "great deals" from it. He still sells at flea markets with a guy that caught him stealing his own stuff! And, the "deals" are often not that great especially when you find un-disclosed resto.

There is no place in this hobby for people like this.

And, Kristian is a good guy. He found out after he bought books from this individual that they were stolen and cut the seller loose. There are still people who put ethics in front of a little short term profit.

Which dealer are we talking about?

19 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Which dealer are we talking about?

He is not a known dealer. He is an older guy in his mid 70’s.  He only buys (or steals) locally. All the local guys that deal in older books know him and about his reputation. He has been caught stealing at every con in LA and SD and has been banned from all the shows except one. The sad part is there are local guys who still buy from him and put a little short term profit ahead of ethics...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

He is not a known dealer. He is an older guy in his mid 70’s.  He only buys (or steals) locally. All the local guys that deal in older books know him and about his reputation. He has been caught stealing at every con in LA and SD and has been banned from all the shows except one. The sad part is there are local guys who still buy from him and put a little short term profit ahead of ethics...

That's just sad.