• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,417 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2020 at 9:26 PM, Ltpink2002 said:

CLASSIC! 

On 10/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, Jayman said:

@gino2paulus2 was gracious enough to let this one go, a book I had wanted a copy of for my collection in any condition. Thank you Gino, I love it!

283FC34B-3A34-4E9C-8145-92A466199791.jpeg

On 10/19/2020 at 9:32 PM, sagii said:

Cool pickup, from one cool Boardie to another! :applause:

Thanks for the kinds words y’all. When i saw the WTB and who it from i knew we had to strike a deal!! There are few things more exhilarating in this hobby than finally tracking down a tough book especially one of this caliber and cool factor and just like receiving gifts giving them can be just as rewarding. I myself have landed a few really cool books from our WTB threads over the years and paying it forward is the least we can do. Knowing an awesome book went to a fantastic home makes all the difference in the world too!! Congrats again bro glad to be a part of it!! Now find me a Speed 18 hehehe!!

11 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I'll share my Zip #9 because I also bought it from @gino2paulus2

Zip comics are one of my favorite GA series and Gino is world class too work with. 

20201020_213649.jpg

I am so pleased you like it!! Same right back at ya bro!!! These boards Rock don’t they!!

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks for the kinds words y’all. When i saw the WTB and who it from i knew we had to strike a deal!! There are few things more exhilarating in this hobby than finally tracking down a tough book especially one of this caliber and cool factor and just like receiving gifts giving them can be just as rewarding. I myself have landed a few really cool books from our WTB threads over the years and paying it forward is the least we can do. Knowing an awesome book went to a fantastic home makes all the difference in the world too!! Congrats again bro glad to be a part of it!! Now find me a Speed 18 hehehe!!

Read your PM, I sent you a pic!

3 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!  I couldn't resist this grab.  Structurally conserved but not cleaned or color touched.  From the many pix available on Heritage and elsewhere, this issue's cover, whether in mid-, low- or high-grade, rarely avoided significant tanning or dust shadows, especially at the edges.  So I was intrigued by how clean this cover appeared to be, and took a leap of faith.  Now in hand, as you can see, it does not disappoint.  At the center, the white of the King card just jumps out you, like 3-D!  :cloud9:

1491200220_Batman11(CGC4.5Cons)-front.thumb.jpg.e79676aeb28e75faedaeb803482c1c2c.jpg

One of my favorite Bat covers.  Nice white cover!

22 minutes ago, sagii said:

The early Quality stuff is tough for me to identify Reed or Crandall as their styles were not that distinctive to me on those works. @Cat-Man_America may know.

The cover appears to be by Gill Fox.  I'm pretty sure that Lou Fine penciled the Black Condor story, but Reed Crandall may have worked on it.