• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

Been browsing through a lot of Golden Age comics since last year and noticed many artists that caught my attention. I suppose I’ll go ahead and start with 15 lesser-known favorites:

DickRyan
Munson Paddock
Fred Meagher
Al Walker
Jim Tyer
John Giunta
Jack Alderman
Harold Delay
Charles Quinlan
George Appel
Paul Berdanier
Rudy Palais
Harry Anderson
Gene Fawcette
Everett Kinstler

11 minutes ago, ender said:

Just got this. May have paid too much..don’t really care. This one has been a grail since I saw it as a kid in an OPG. One finally came along in a range that I could afford and it isn’t a book I see at auction very often. I will send it off next week for restoration check. It has some amateur? Tear seals and maybe more. I guess we will see.   It it is just tear seals done with tape or child’s paste is that restoration, conservation, or just in the notes? There does seem to be some inconsistencies in this, or it is a subtle difference that I am overlooking. 

96F6A303-F2D4-40FF-9322-FC51B068922B.jpeg

Absolutely fantastic! :luhv:

20 minutes ago, ender said:

Just got this. May have paid too much..don’t really care. This one has been a grail since I saw it as a kid in an OPG. One finally came along in a range that I could afford and it isn’t a book I see at auction very often. I will send it off next week for restoration check. It has some amateur? Tear seals and maybe more. I guess we will see.   It it is just tear seals done with tape or child’s paste is that restoration, conservation, or just in the notes? There does seem to be some inconsistencies in this, or it is a subtle difference that I am overlooking. 

96F6A303-F2D4-40FF-9322-FC51B068922B.jpeg

Congratulations!!!!

You're the guy who snagged it off eBay.

When I clicked on the link in my saved searches email, it was already gone.

Just now, D84 said:

Congratulations!!!!

You're the guy who snagged it off eBay.

When I clicked on the link in my saved searches email, it was already gone.

Yea I saw it in the evening and it was still there in the morning so I grabbed it. It is lower grade but feels really solid, and at least Marie Nelson has good penmanship. :)

5 hours ago, ft88 said:

Just bought yesterday. A gentleman died and they cleared out his farm house. Lots of look life and farm magazines as well from the 40s. 

That's awesome. I'd love a crack at the Startling if you decide to make it available. :foryou: 

On 1/23/2021 at 1:46 AM, ft88 said:

My first ever attic find. 

C1B971BB-C76B-4B62-9D2E-F47BBE390508.thumb.jpeg.3c6c0dadcddfcffa56d1fee81857d760.jpeg8A259725-1E0C-4001-8784-7F9D5A3257B2.thumb.jpeg.ba200339d91d39fdc90d843b832372e2.jpeg

Wow! Congrats! I’ve had two of those. Been a real long time though. They are still out there. That is what keeps me going.

A word of advice. Take a bunch of photos and make a complete list of what you got. Down the road, you will be glad,

Would love to see some more pics. 

On 1/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, BB-Gun said:

I like Big Little Books and other similar books like Fast Action and Big Big Books but the Shadow has been hard to find.  I try to collect BLB, with related Sunday Funnies and Comic Books.

BLB shadow grp.jpg

The Buck Rogers BLB are on my want list -- I collect Buck in general. I absolutely love your spread!