• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, sagii said:

Before i started chasing Ace, MLJ's, Romance and other esoteric stuff, i was hugely into DC and Fawcetts. I have slowly begun to rebuild a small but cool Fawcett block of books again.

This book has always been a grail. Love at first sight when i was a hardcore Fawcett guy, but, it always seldom seemed to come up, and when it did, it was what i felt was 'too high' for it at the time, or something else that appeared to be a once in a lifetime opportunity came along. Sometimes it was vacation time, lol.

Anyway, finally nailed down a copy this year. Will certainly make my top year end pick up posts :x

Classic cover ALL DAY

Wow Comics #10.jpg

An 8.0 cover in a 4.0 slab! Just love that "SHAZAM" girl. Super congrats. :luhv:

On 2/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, G G ® said:

You don't buy any books for well over half a year, then 2 come along at once!!  :fear:

This arrived today to go with my recent HT 6.

It's not in the highest of grades I know, but it's decent enough for me. I've owned two or three of these in the past (in better grades) but sold them on the Boards, and then almost immediately regretted it.

This one is going nowhere, and I was happy to snag one to keep 'cos this book is always on the up.

DSCN4764.JPG

DSCN4762.JPG

Truly one of the most terrifying covers of all time. I'm afraid to look at it for more than a second. 

2 hours ago, Sarg said:

Truly one of the most terrifying covers of all time. I'm afraid to look at it for more than a second. 

One of Baily's most iconic covers, and there's a lot to choose from. Hero of the Golden age.(worship) 

when i realized there was a boiled-crawfish cover, and a mile high to boot, there was little doubt it would be coming to cajun country [please don't tell me they're boiled lobsters; trust me it's equivocal enuff for my purposes].

98D549B9-2AD3-4614-9A0C-2DA247C68111.jpeg

Edited by Straw-Man

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

when i realized there was a boiled-crawfish cover, and a mile high to boot, there was little doubt it would be coming to cajun country [please don't tell me they're boiled lobsters; trust me it's equivocal enuff for my purposes].

98D549B9-2AD3-4614-9A0C-2DA247C68111.jpeg

Hmmm. Great book, but there are no mai tais on this cover. Query - is this what an ailing Bedrock resembles?