• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,444 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

when i realized there was a boiled-crawfish cover, and a mile high to boot, there was little doubt it would be coming to cajun country [please don't tell me they're boiled lobsters; trust me it's equivocal enuff for my purposes].

98D549B9-2AD3-4614-9A0C-2DA247C68111.jpeg

They're shrimp. 

10 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

nope; no claws like that on shrimp, yankee.

I won't argue your shrimp knowledge, but I will take umbrage with the liberal use of the term "yankee" lol

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Well, it took almost a month from start to finish.  To some, I might’ve overpaid, but to me, it’s a book I didn’t think I’d get the opportunity to own, so I’m happy with the price paid.  One of my favorites, hands down.  Sorry about the crappy picture, wish I could figure out how to take good pics with my phone.  

Any overpay today will look like an underpay tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Any overpay today will look like an underpay tomorrow.

I guess we’ll see.  But honestly, it was kind of a beggars can’t be choosers situation.  I really wanted a copy, but  working with a limited budget.  So I feel like I accomplished two things.  I obtained a book I really wanted and I didn’t break the bank.

Edited by DocHoppus182
Spelling

5 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Well, it took almost a month from start to finish.  To some, I might’ve overpaid, but to me, it’s a book I didn’t think I’d get the opportunity to own, so I’m happy with the price paid.  One of my favorites, hands down.  Sorry about the crappy picture, wish I could figure out how to take good pics with my phone.  

4EB351E5-C461-4D1A-A213-EBA7B20BB1E8.jpeg

The only real question is: was it worth the price to you?

If the answer is yes, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.

On 3/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, PKJ said:

Heritage wins finally showed up, my only GA win. Not the prettiest and wearing a green label but always liked this cover and never see it available.

IMG_5899.jpg

Has Heritage been running behind on orders recently due to the winter storm a couple weeks ago?