• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has Heritage been running behind on orders recently due to the winter storm a couple weeks ago?

That’s what they said. My auction wins after have already arrived so they must be caught up now.

2 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Been wanting one of these for a while, was waiting for a clean color-rich copy.  Found one!  If not for the chew on bottom corner would have significantly higher grade. One of my favorite Fantastics, love the simplicity and villain in the window.  Tempted to de-slab to read the Fletcher Hanks story straight from the source (as opposed to the excellent reprint books which I have).

FANTASTIC COMICS #4 FC SLAB.jpg

That's a fantastic interior, with energetic Golden Age charm in every story.  The Samson story is the battle with the giant metal robots that was depicted on the cover of issue #3.

2 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Been wanting one of these for a while, was waiting for a clean color-rich copy.  Found one!  If not for the chew on bottom corner would have significantly higher grade. One of my favorite Fantastics, love the simplicity and villain in the window.  Tempted to de-slab to read the Fletcher Hanks story straight from the source (as opposed to the excellent reprint books which I have).

FANTASTIC COMICS #4 FC SLAB.jpg

Amazing! :applause:

12 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has Heritage been running behind on orders recently due to the winter storm a couple weeks ago?

11 hours ago, PKJ said:

That’s what they said. My auction wins after have already arrived so they must be caught up now.

They aren’t all the way caught up. My winnings from the Jan. 31 auction still haven’t even been shipped :cry:

16 hours ago, Spyder! said:

They aren’t all the way caught up. My winnings from the Jan. 31 auction still haven’t even been shipped :cry:

That sucks, The National was from the 2-9 auctions. Now my CL wins have been stuck in Fedex system for a week without moving.