• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Here’s one you don’t see every day.  Thank you to @Superworld for this one.  

256BCBA4-9F84-4298-BA61-5055B84CD5CF.jpeg

A39800CC-7B58-4462-ACC6-1D0560A982CB.jpeg

Out of curiosity, is yours missing any pages at the start? I have a copy missing the first couple pages and I've seen another for sale with a similar issue. Was wondering if it was common or just coincidence.

1 minute ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Out of curiosity, is yours missing any pages at the start? I have a copy missing the first couple pages and I've seen another for sale with a similar issue. Was wondering if it was common or just coincidence.

By my page count, it’s complete.  I can take a couple pics of the first few pages if you’d like, just so we can make sure.

27 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

By my page count, it’s complete.  I can take a couple pics of the first few pages if you’d like, just so we can make sure.

Appreciate the offer, but I think if it looks complete it probably is, it's pretty clear that pages are missing on mine since it starts in the middle of a story. Must just have been a coincidence with the other copy I saw.

12 hours ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Appreciate the offer, but I think if it looks complete it probably is, it's pretty clear that pages are missing on mine since it starts in the middle of a story. Must just have been a coincidence with the other copy I saw.

I took a couple pics, just to make sure.  This book is pretty awesome. 

4A3B69C7-0704-4F25-A3E3-5B9B9CA17D16.jpeg

850336EE-DBF8-4E39-9C18-1AE9D08653D0.jpeg

17 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Who wouldn't when they are kool like this?

jimbos pic but it resides furever here now.Four years and still one of my favourites,phattie or not.Pancakes aren't looked upon nicely around here :sumo:

!!!!!0.thumb.jpg.f24fb0063fdea81e1ee94b76bd1ce2be.jpg

And sexy;although this is only a hundred pager...

!!!!!!!!!9.jpg.0f40745cc65aa1d29c257e77fa34d4ac.jpg

I went through a chubby chaser phase and still have a soft spot in my heart for the thick ones.  One I regret letting go was a nice copy of Billy Bunny's Christmas Frolics that I got from Mr. B way back when.  

4 hours ago, buttock said:

I went through a chubby chaser phase and still have a soft spot in my heart for the thick ones.  One I regret letting go was a nice copy of Billy Bunny's Christmas Frolics that I got from Mr. B way back when.  

Getting an example of one of these is high on my list,would even think of selling/releasing a book or two :whatthe: from the collection for funds.Scarce and pricey,but one day,le sigh .I remember when romance and teen seemed to be the non sellers,so I set my hopes on this but,yeah,good luck lollol 

Spoiler

bell-features-colossal-comics-vol-2-issu

Two different Colossal,and the yellow below is higher on the wish list and both are Canadian...ah,I want them/it all

RADA938E2017125_12295.jpg

Spoiler

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Getting an example of one of these is high on my list,would even think of selling/releasing a book or two :whatthe: from the collection for funds.Scarce and pricey,but one day,le sigh .I remember when romance and teen seemed to be the non sellers,so I set my hopes on this but,yeah,good luck lollol 

Reveal hidden contents

bell-features-colossal-comics-vol-2-issu

Two different Colossal,and the yellow below is higher on the wish list and both are Canadian...ah,I want them/it all

RADA938E2017125_12295.jpg

Hide contents

I'd love to see those huge ones in NM.  Mighty Mouse, X-Mas, Gift, etc.  Must be really spectacular, but I think I'm more likely to see a unicorn.  

4 minutes ago, buttock said:

I'd love to see those huge ones in NM.  Mighty Mouse, X-Mas, Gift, etc.  Must be really spectacular, but I think I'm more likely to see a unicorn.  

I know board member @eccomic-who likely has the finest collection of Canadian white  books ever-has had examples,may have some nice ones.If I can think of anyone here it would be him.

I have a battered(American) three hundred pager I got from readcomix,will try and snap an image when my partner gets home with the mobile.Books like that,even the Edition Heritage rebounds from the seventies ,in my experience just don't keep well.Of course I still try to hoard them

Not my copy,and not gold so I'll hide it,but an example.I grab them when I can-sadly folk are slicing out the 'keys' so the hens teeth are becoming rocking horse poop

12 rebound US comic reprints in one! A big part of me learning to read French too

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg