• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,422 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

Oh man I love green lantern 10. I kept losing so many times I finally scored one last fall. 

Yeah, that may have been partially because of me haha.  Was on the look out for a long time before they started popping up left and right at auctions for a period of time.  Glad you got one though! Such a memorable villains from the Justice League cartoons when I was a kid and such an outstanding cover with great colors imo. It's a book I'm always happy to pick up at a reasonable price.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA

16 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

Just added this golden age comic to the pc. Always loved the shadow after watching the 90s flick. Def a guilty pleasure film of mine. 

really happy to have had a chance to add a book that’s pretty uncommon. 

A265FF15-8DC4-4DCD-9709-ED86B58431F4.jpeg

Sweet pickup.

2 hours ago, G G ® ™ said:

I bought this for several reasons: I'd never seen this book before and I like the horror aspect of the cover art. I also like the fact that it is early Kurtzman before he fully developed his very own quirky style. Lots of HK art inside also. The colours are great and it looks lovely in hand. Apart from the obvious missing piece on the t/r f/c and the coupon cut from the back page it really is a pretty nice 1.0.

a.jpg

b.jpg

Nice presenting book one i have never seen either (thumbsu

On 4/28/2021 at 4:09 PM, Rezin1234 said:

Oh man I love green lantern 10. I kept losing so many times I finally scored one last fall. 

It’s a great book and probably the hardest of the Injustice Society books to get.(unless you count Salomon Grundy but he wasn’t a member). I wish I had been more aggressive for the one on ComicConnect(5.0) last year. Also, wish I had upgraded my All Star 37 to the 6.5 for $695 that was on the HA marketplace last year. Especially after seeing some recent prices. 

42 minutes ago, Ian Winner said:

It’s a great book and probably the hardest of the Injustice Society books to get.(unless you count Salomon Grundy but he wasn’t a member). I wish I had been more aggressive for the one on ComicConnect(5.0) last year. Also, wish I had upgraded my All Star 37 to the 6.5 for $695 that was on the HA marketplace last year. Especially after seeing some recent prices. 

What have recent sales been? Sorry I haven’t followed the prices much. I grabbed my 4.0 for $1300. Hopefully I did well lol

21 hours ago, Ian Winner said:

Yeah, that 5.0 from CC is one of my three.  I didn't anticipate winning that one.  If I recall, it was the calm before the storm where prices felt a bit weak to me on stuff then, after that auction, my bids were getting blown out of the water left and right for the next 6 months.  Lol I passed over All-star 37 so many times before this, including that 6.5 on HA if I recall correctly and losing out on two 7.5s for a grand as well in late 2019. I'm also kicking myself hard on that one and had to pay up a bit more than I would have wanted. Ah well! Happy to have a copy now at least.

20 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

What have recent sales been? Sorry I haven’t followed the prices much. I grabbed my 4.0 for $1300. Hopefully I did well lol

If we're talking about GL 10, I think 4.0 for $1300 is a good price. I'd be happy paying that. Hint hint :foryou: haha! I think prices were mostly fairly weak the past 2 years, with tons coming to auction/for sale after I saw none for a 1-2 year span.  I won 3 of the 7 that I recall I saw for sale in the past 1-1.5 years and I paid $1.3K for a 5.0, 1.5K for a 5.5 (it looks miserable. Probably should not be a 5.5 IMO), and 1.7K for a 6.0 (one of the other companies, so I think it made it a weak sale). I'd say the 5.0 and 6.0 were on the weaker end and the 5.5 looks bad enough where I wasn't satisfied with it when I got it in hand.  Other sales I saw were 2-3 6.5s in the last year. One 6.5 D pedigree for $3K on HA. One non-pedigree and other grading company for $2.4K on eBay. I think I saw a third 6.0-6.5 sell for $2K on instagram too, but I can't remember the price or seller for sure. I believe my friend just sold his 2.5 for around a grand too, but I don't have the exact number on that one. I feel like this book's price bounces around quite a bit and sometimes, it just doesn't get noticed by the right people at auction and it slips by with a weak result.

Edit: There was also a raw 5.0 on MCS that sold for $1.6-7K I believe.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA
updated

On 5/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, NEED MO DAKKA said:

6 months of not winning a single auction except a 1st Tor when I was drunk, then I end up winning 2 in the same week. Mind blowing! Won this last night on CLink.  I love this cover, and the colors seem to really pop on this copy. Also, prepping for that Uncle Marvel movie :roflmao:.

00301150860000113735264007.jpeg

Lovely copy of a lovely cover. My favorite of the run.

2 hours ago, Grottu said:

Never picked up one of these before, but the price was right (I’m cheap 😉) and I really liked the cover...

990381C2-795E-4BF9-8443-25A4DF66174A.jpeg

The Condor stories are great, plus the Gustafson Spiders. It's sad that these will be missed in the future because of slabbing.  Even I succumbed and slabbed two of my Smash Comics recently.  I still think quality is undervalued, but the house-style covers don't help.  Quality is frustrating.....  Congratulations on the Crack!