• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

Plas46.jpg

My latest. Y'know.....I used to hate these later Plas books cuz JC was gone and most were reprints.....but now I feel like they stand on their own as a testament to the 50's. Kinda ugly.....but kinda not also.

One of my few GA books - wish I had more GA!

Was included in an SA lot I purchased. Thinking of getting it slabbed.

That's a cool comic, fun cover, and yes, you definitely need more GA. Regarding the slabbing, in my lowly opinion this would be just as well served by putting it in a high-quality mylar sleeve with an acid-free backing.

I was going to just keep it in a mylar sleeve but I have my CGC coupons that are expiring soon and I can't think of anything else to slab at the moment.

One of my few GA books - wish I had more GA!

Was included in an SA lot I purchased. Thinking of getting it slabbed.

scan0012x.png

that was the first GA book I ever bought....still have it from over 30 years ago. I paid $20 and my copy is a 5.0 at best

congrats

Thanks comicdey - look forward to buying more GA - hopefully Captain America or other early Marvel

Picked these two lovelies up at an auction today :) I also had a bunch of lower grade stuff too but these were the gems of the bunch.

Very nice! Local auction?

Yes, I think these kind of flew under the radar.

Picked these two lovelies up at an auction today :) I also had a bunch of lower grade stuff too but these were the gems of the bunch.

Very nice! Local auction?

Yes, I think these kind of flew under the radar.

Cool. They went to a good home. :applause:

I've often thought about a run of the Frazetta Famous Funnies but too many books and too little money. I've got 2 sets of the Russ Cochran portfolio prints and alas that may be as close as I get for a while.

img992.jpg

img994.jpg

Great scores, Joanna! :applause:

I am jealous of you finding whatever auction that was. If those are any indication, I wanna know what else was there... Anyway, great scores. The CSS #22 is always a coup d'collection. As for Frazetta, where other artists would have half-assed the craters on the planet, or other little details, he makes them detailed and beautiful.