• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

Just got this one in from Harley Yee. I don't know that I have seen this particular issue come up for sale that often. (shrug)

national27.jpg

Wow - I'm jealous. I've been working on a National Comics run of Uncle Sam covers and you're right. Tough in grade. Congrats :applause:

Wow - I'm jealous. I've been working on a National Comics run of Uncle Sam covers and you're right. Tough in grade. Congrats :applause:

Cool. I've been working on the run here and there, so it was nice to see this one. (thumbs u

Wow is right!! I wonder how Uncle Sam can stand holding the gun on the hot barrel. I guess he missed / skipped basic training or at least the part about how to properly handle weaponry lol

Wow is right!! I wonder how Uncle Sam can stand holding the gun on the hot barrel. I guess he missed / skipped basic training or at least the part about how to properly handle weaponry lol

He learned it from John Basilone. ;)

He learned it from John Basilone. ;)

What's amazing is that Basilone inspired young(er) kids to join b/c they wanted to be like him when they enlisted. Sadly his name is not as much known as it once was.

Just got this one in from Harley Yee. I don't know that I have seen this particular issue come up for sale that often. (shrug)

national27.jpg

I like those early Sam covers.

4692337920_669e968891.jpg3304559721_93a2eccb58.jpg2828711066_aa9d18a3ff.jpg

national27.jpg

Pretty sure I've seen the name William Leach on other books.