• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,417 posts in this topic

This book is going to feel like a fish out of water in my Atom Age collection but once in a while I don't mind adding a patriotic cover and since for once I have a true GA book to post, here it is. Thanks to ft88 -

You know what else is out of place in an Atom Age collection?

Fight Comics 31. You better send that out-of-place funny book to me before it further contaminates your collection.

This book is going to feel like a fish out of water in my Atom Age collection but once in a while I don't mind adding a patriotic cover and since for once I have a true GA book to post, here it is. Thanks to ft88 -

Great cover!

kinda small potatoes compared to what some of you guys have been getting, but I like it. only issue w/ this title (became Diary Loves next issue....they didn't realize Our Publishing Co. beat them to it by two months) but at least they had the sense to get Bill Ward to do the cover and first story. big thanks to Doiby Dickles for letting this one go cheap and then forgetting how much he charged me to ship it (the box he used is bigger than some of the closets in my house!) but enough words, now pics:

4793481590_e47c9d2220_b.jpg

4792847477_e330f0e8bd_b.jpg

4792847137_6ac8427660_z.jpg4793482526_a536c41763_z.jpg

kinda small potatoes compared to what some of you guys have been getting, but I like it. only issue w/ this title (became Diary Loves next issue....they didn't realize Our Publishing Co. beat them to it by two months) but at least they had the sense to get Bill Ward to do the cover and first story. big thanks to Doiby Dickles for letting this one go cheap and then forgetting how much he charged me to ship it (the box he used is bigger than some of the closets in my house!) but enough words, now pics:

4793481590_e47c9d2220_b.jpg

4792847477_e330f0e8bd_b.jpg

4792847137_6ac8427660_z.jpg4793482526_a536c41763_z.jpg

Glad you liked it! :thumbsup: I'm trying to bring some focus to my collection, otherwise I would have kept it.

Got this from heritage a few weeks ago. Love the composition of Moldoffs first Hawkman cover. And who doesn't love a Green dress damsel in distress.

scan0181.jpg

scan0179-1.jpg

scan0180.jpg

Great book.

(worship)

Love it - just stay away from the Super-Mysterys until I finish my run. :baiting:

:eek: Too late for that. :foryou:

ps: How about showing off some of that Super Mystery run :baiting:

Oh great more competition ;) Here's my graded issues. I have just a couple more that are raw so still a long way to go for a complete run. I try to pick these up as I find them and can afford them in between by Nedor runs.

Super-MysteryComicsv52cgc90white.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv26cgc45cr-ow.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv35cgc60ow-w.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv46cgc90cr-owcri.jpg

This low grader was my first foray into SMs.

super-mysteryv62cgc35cr-ow.jpg

super-mysteryv55cgc50ow-1.jpg

Purchased this one from Mr. Parker here on the boards raw. He had it graded dead on as a 6.0 with white pages. IIRC.

super-mysteryv33cgc60white-1.jpg

This is the Detroit Trolley copy and one of my favorite covers.

super-mystery2cgc65cr-ow-1.jpg

That's a great run of tremendous covers! This is my favourite of the entire run recently acquired from Heritage:

Super-MysteryComicsV63CGC80Ohiopedi.jpg

Somewhere or other I have a scan of my copy of V6#1, the Gerber no-show. Not sure if it is a scarce as people have assumed - though putting together an entire run of them is certainly an "extreme sport" - like ironing on the top of everest.

NOW the run is closed. group shot upon the last couple coming in.

jojo10.jpg

Congrats!!

What's next? Black Cat?

i could close that run on a call to you!

I could only get you about half way home

Had my eye open for one of these for quite awhile but most of the time they were beat to pieces. Won this book last week and its rock solid and tight as a drum. :cloud9: The cover always sparked my imagination that a great adventure was inside and considering that only four colors were used, its got some great balance. I'm super pleased with it.

FourColor123Bugs.jpg

FourColor123Bugsback.jpg