• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

Hopefully I'll have no problems receiving this one in the mail. Won on ebay a couple days, but found out after the seller lied and said he had owned it raw for 12 years and sent it in himself for grading. I found out this copy sold on Heritage in '04 already graded.

He did however send me a picture of the book lying on top of yesterdays newspaper. (shrug)

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

i was going to go after it hard for an upgrade, when i caught the fib. decided not to play. good luck to you, but you'll have ebay buyer protection in any case, i guess.

I called ebay to clarify about buyer protection and they said I would be fully covered. So I'll probably go ahead with payment. I guess his "fib" somewhat hurt his final price as I thought it was quite a deal. Glad I didn't have you to contend with in the auction. Here's the pic I asked for to make sure that he did indeed have the book in his possession.

DatedP20.jpg

Interesting.

Well it looks like he has the book.

But why the "fib" (lie) ??? Odd..

Well at least your getting a suh-weet book! :wishluck:

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

where's the "bare breasted woman on cover" note?

lol

$416 off ebay seems like a great price for a slabbed 7.5 congrats. I picked up a nice mid grade copy in Florida last year and it's a great book.

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

where's the "bare breasted woman on cover" note?

lol

$416 off ebay seems like a great price for a slabbed 7.5 congrats. I picked up a nice mid grade copy in Florida last year and it's a great book.

Thanks very much. I was really surprised to get it for that price. Not sure what BP was going to bid on it but I had my max almost twice that much. Figures for this book are all over the place when I looked it up. Not sure when it was graded as I've noticed the other labels have the bare breast notation, so they may be more recent submissions. All I need now is a Punch 12. :wishluck:

Hopefully I'll have no problems receiving this one in the mail. Won on ebay a couple days, but found out after the seller lied and said he had owned it raw for 12 years and sent it in himself for grading. I found out this copy sold on Heritage in '04 already graded.

He did however send me a picture of the book lying on top of yesterdays newspaper. (shrug)

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

And here's mine...love that Big Bird

101733.jpg.af158c19d75086cbb87a864035aa0b2a.jpg

My only significant SDCC purchase...

outoftheshadows8.jpg

Delicious! :applause:

How come stuff like that always happen when theres a full moon ??

Posted this in the TEC Thread and forgot to add it here. Finally off time payments. Special thanks to G.A tor for working with me on this.

sc00001d79.jpg

Your 31 gives me shivers. It's one of the very best examples I've ever seen.

Truly a gem, and the best Batman cover. :cool: