• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,422 posts in this topic

Billy Parker has a complete set of Cheslers! :o

Way to go Billy (thumbs u

Uber-cool! :headbang:

Was going to ask you if you could post some sample interior shots of some Chesler's...
Did I mention that Chesler has great covers :shy:
lol

So, there's a reason people don't post Chesler interiors?

Interiors are a real mix, often having nothing to do with the cover. The best work is probably from the Lou Fine imitators which included Charles Sultan. My sample size is small (so BP should chime in) but the stories are pretty generic (i.e. lame) without the skill of Eisner/Cole/Everett etc or wackiness of Fletcher Hanks. Did I mention the cool covers?

Chesler_splash.jpg

Was going to ask you if you could post some sample interior shots of some Chesler's...
lol

Interiors are a real mix, often having nothing to do with the cover. The best work is probably from the Lou Fine imitators which included Charles Sultan. My sample size is small (so BP should chime in) but the stories are pretty generic (i.e. lame) without the skill of Eisner/Cole/Everett etc or wackiness of Fletcher Hanks. Did I mention the cool covers?

Chesler_splash.jpg

what splash is that from AdamSTrange?

Billy Parker has a complete set of Cheslers! :o

Way to go Billy (thumbs u

well, kinda. because i see those star and star rangers as centaurs, and the feature funnies books as qualitys, i never went after them. i do have everything else, tho', right down to the cocomalt book. when the punch gets here, i'll do a group shot of all of 'em from hi above.

thanks geek.

My free cert 3 from CGC arrived....

Bought the All Star #9 around 1991 or 1992 8.5 cr/ow :banana:

Bought the PL #18 from a boardie in the last few years 8.0 cr/ow....:cloud9:

Not GA but hey...I bought the FF #5 as part of a large collection (slight ct?) oh well, but still a sweet grade at 8.0 cr/ow.... this one still gets a :banana:

Cheers

103025.jpg.735aaeb9674ece1332bad8917dc40351.jpg

103026.jpg.9fa112cea4bed2be90f67fa96af42d9a.jpg

103027.jpg.66a4c0a8baf2ded4f70b43f814d02407.jpg

Not GA but hey...I bought the FF #5 as part of a large collection (slight ct?) oh well, but still a sweet grade at 8.0 cr/ow.... this one still gets a :banana:

Cheers

Congrats on the three grades. I especially like the All-Star 9. Fantastic book!!

Cheers

Awesome books, Collin! :thumbsup:

lol

Chesler_splash.jpg

lol Yes, you did mention the cool covers AS!

Thanks for posting this splash... it gives me a bit of an idea of the interiors. Where Timely would have used a cool monster (or at least a very sinister looking Nazi), Chesler used a regular guy with a huge nose.

Is this page a Sultan?

lol

Chesler_splash.jpg

what splash is that from AdamSTrange?

Dynamic #1? My current copy is shelled so I cant check. Some of these were reprinted by IW/Super with new covers.

lol

Chesler_splash.jpg

lol Yes, you did mention the cool covers AS!

Thanks for posting this splash... it gives me a bit of an idea of the interiors. Where Timely would have used a cool monster (or at least a very sinister looking Nazi), Chesler used a regular guy with a huge nose.

Is this page a Sultan?

I would guess it's Sultan but there are definitely artist identifications that I am more confident of since there is more than one swiper and they were all mining the same artistic inspiration. The female figure in the splash is a Lou Fine swipe from a Black Condor splash -- in fact, Romitaman had it for sale at this year's SD Con.

I finally got my books from WW Chicago scanned. I am particularly happy with these. I submitted to #2 and #5 for on-site grading after buying them from Worldwide as a. 8.5 and a 9.0,

LongBow0194.jpg

LongBow0290.jpg

LongBow0596.jpg

I agree about the Long Bows and the same tonality shows up in the short-lived Indians title.

You lucked into a better copy of that Fight color-wise. My copy does not have as deep colors.

103064.jpg.389e3cca5ab6699d62c3319d38c0df9a.jpg

Some times it seems all the packages get here the same day ... but it's worth it. Here's the sample of the new arrivals in addition to a Baker Teen-Age Romances # 14. The Porky has an intriguing and fun cover.

103083.jpg

103087.jpg.d0f7defa9133d3b6c1210cedca136839.jpg

103088.jpg.6a630f3c55e217ccae32b0b4d94089f2.jpg