• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

C3F3A654-C01E-4506-9E5B-E97C4A89EC8A_zpsptywfr3w.jpg

Yes, this is happening. Finally have one. :cloud9:

I want to thank my friend and fellow boardie for helping me with this too- You know who you are! (worship)

Even if it's a rough one at least it's complete. :banana:

Nice....congrats.

Well, today was my favorite comic buying day I have had yet. :whee: Got my number one book on my want list (Planet 33) a dream robot cover (Startling 49) and a tough Fight (33). Unfortunately now, I gotta slow down for a while :eyeroll:

I was watching that Startling #49 auction. It displays very well for its estimated grade.

Look, I love Stan Lee as much as anyone. But if there is one thing that annoys the heck out of me, it is people getting rare golden age books, like in the below link, and having someone sign across the cover and think it is improving things. I wish people would stop this practice. I'm guessing I'm not the only one bothered by this...

All Winners 5 CGC SS 3.5

At least he signed one of if not THE worst Timely war cover ever.

I saw a Cap #2 on ebay for decent price signed by Stan. I just couldn't buy it. It went fast though.

27394694722_6dc157ba4e_z.jpg

Nice pickup on the Flash 29. That's a challenging book in grade with that much white in the cover. Plus, you can't ever go wrong with a Moldoff cover!

Thanks! I sure agree about Moldoff covers and his interior stuff is wonderful too.

Until now, the best copy I ever had for this one was a low grade missing pages..... out of the best story of course. It has one of my favorite Xela covers and one of my favorite of the small batch of Black Terror stories that were done by the Robinson/ Meskin team. Jerry Robinson was one of Steve Ditko's instructors around the time these were coming out and the influence on his style is obvious. I'm pretty happy to get this one, but it didn't come cheap..... it was a Heritage Sunday win, and if I outbid a boardie, I'm sorry..... but I've been looking for years...... I remember when Metro had the Mile High on their site..... 3K I think it was..... man I bet that was sweet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

EXCITING%2066.jpg

Until now, the best copy I ever had for this one was a low grade missing pages..... out of the best story of course. It has one of my favorite Xela covers and one of my favorite of the small batch of Black Terror stories that were done by the Robinson/ Meskin team. Jerry Robinson was one of Steve Ditko's instructors around the time these were coming out and the influence on his style is obvious. I'm pretty happy to get this one, but it didn't come cheap..... it was a Heritage Sunday win, and if I outbid a boardie, I'm sorry..... but I've been looking for years...... I remember when Metro had the Mile High on their site..... 3K I think it was..... man I bet that was sweet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

EXCITING%2066.jpg

(thumbs u Gorgeous book!