• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

I'm in love.

712016fix9.jpg

I've never seen that cover. Very nice.

Wertham could have written a chapter about the interior stories.

Ok, I have to brag a bit. Not everyone's taste, but here is my sole Church book. Funny story: I don't like Westerns as a rule, but I had a decent copy of Trigger #3 in my collection for a long time and actually warmed to it. (I'm very sentimental and reminds me of my Grandmother's love of horses) Anyway, I had sell a bunch of books and, in a moment of weakness, I listed it along with my other westerns. I won't say what it sold for, but I was able to buy this copy for the same exact price! It was meant to be!

By the way, those of you who don't know already, Church books are stunning, and this one is freshy-fresh and simply amazing to hold. I'm content now...

Dell%20-%20Roy%20Rogers%20Trigger%20003%20-%20CHURCH%201_zpsqzgscdnf.jpg

Dell%20-%20Roy%20Rogers%20Trigger%20003%20-%20CHURCH%202_zpshpeo11p0.jpg

Dell%20-%20Roy%20Rogers%20Trigger%20003%20-%20CHURCH%203_zpslsksarf2.jpg

Beautiful book! :applause:

Thanks to a boardie for helping me finally join the Pep 34 Club!! It was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from the Guns N Roses concert!! Talk about an AWESOME day!!! :cloud9:

28125915666_a56df7219d_b.jpg

Whoa! Ya done Axl proud!

Ok, I have to brag a bit. Not everyone's taste, but here is my sole Church book. Funny story: I don't like Westerns as a rule, but I had a decent copy of Trigger #3 in my collection for a long time and actually warmed to it. (I'm very sentimental and reminds me of my Grandmother's love of horses) Anyway, I had sell a bunch of books and, in a moment of weakness, I listed it along with my other westerns. I won't say what it sold for, but I was able to buy this copy for the same exact price! It was meant to be!

By the way, those of you who don't know already, Church books are stunning, and this one is freshy-fresh and simply amazing to hold. I'm content now...

Some indication of how popular westerns were in the 1950s that not only did good ol' Roy have a comic, but so did his horse.

Thanks to a boardie for helping me finally join the Pep 34 Club!! It was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from the Guns N Roses concert!! Talk about an AWESOME day!!! :cloud9:

He shoots..he scores! MAJOR get Gino buddy. Congrats :golfclap: , and.... (worship)

Great book!

Some indication of how popular westerns were in the 1950s that not only did good ol' Roy have a comic, but so did his horse.

Trigger was an amazing horse.

A short while later, when Roy Rogers was preparing to make his first movie in a starring role, he was offered a choice of five rented "movie" horses to ride and chose Golden Cloud. Rogers bought him eventually in 1943 and renamed him Trigger for his quickness of both foot and mind. Trigger learned 150 trick cues and could walk 50 feet on his hind legs (according to sources close to Roy Rogers). They were said to have run out of places to cue Trigger.

Dang Gino!!! Awsome score. You must rob banks. This is in my "top ten" wants. Never owned a copy. Maybe someday...

Beautiful book Serve! I love the green background. I'd go to that Church any day of the week!

Dang Gino!!! Awsome score. You must rob banks. This is in my "top ten" wants. Never owned a copy. Maybe someday...

Thanks Dudes!!!! There's one on the Bay right now if you want to knock it off the list sooner than later my friend ;)(thumbs u

Whoa, major score Gino!

Normally I would keep a distance from a slightly brittle book, but in this case I'd make an exception!

Congrats Gino-that is a sweet book! The colors on the cover are a lot stronger that on other copies I've seen in higher grades. It's sharper than usual for an MLJ cover too. Great acquisition.

Whoa, major score Gino!

Normally I would keep a distance from a slightly brittle book, but in this case I'd make an exception!

Thanks brother!!!! I'm tickled pink with it!!!

Congrats Gino-that is a sweet book! The colors on the cover are a lot stronger that on other copies I've seen in higher grades. It's sharper than usual for an MLJ cover too. Great acquisition.

Thanks Ingels!!! It's my iPhone pics though. The Blues are not nearly as navy looking in person for some reason no matter which angle I held the book the Blues kept showing up darker it may have been the time of day I took em and my scanner just slaughters slabs haha!!. it's more of a lighter sky blue. Don't get me wrong though the colors are very nice I like it a TON!! and thanks for the kind words it's a sharp copy!!! A couple dings to the spine/corners and a few small stains and this book might be sitting in a couple point higher slab. Then again if that were case though it wouldn't fit very well into my beater collection and I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it :D