• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, october said:

Picked this up recently. Copies are dirt cheap, and I really don't understand why. The cover is insane. 

001 (5).jpg

Wonderful book, and very nice copy too. Perhaps if Schomburg drew the cover it would command much more in the marketplace.

17 minutes ago, october said:

Picked this up recently. Copies are dirt cheap, and I really don't understand why. The cover is insane. 

001 (5).jpg

Sweet copy, Andy - Rico did some nice work (underappreciated GA artist).

Just now, sacentaur said:

No much love for Flash Comics these days (especially the non-Hawkman covers), but I like 'em:

f71d683f-a75b-4bb0-b584-a0e8d60dff78_zps

Maybe, but pretty sure there is love for Larson anything these days!

5 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Yeah, nice stuff Gad...what's the story of the collection?

The collection is about 300 comics in which a third of them are super high grade.  The two copies that are graded (pictured above in the thread) were 2 that he sent in to CGC to test the waters on where the grading stands for the rest.  Some of the graded comics go all the way back to CGC's 1999 "Red Labels".  He told me he didn't press anything.  He said he got into collecting in the early 90's (for his kids) and would only pick up stuff he saw that was super high grade.  The weird thing is, about 100 of the comics are absolute drek from the 90's (foil covers, gimmick covers, etc...).  There are some nice high grade Marvel Silver & Bronze too.  He said the collection was always for his kids, but they grew up and had no interest in them whatsoever, so he decided to sell them.  Lucky me.

There were a number of high grade Four Color comics.  Check out this Four Color 1348 "Yak Yak".  Like I say.... this collection has some strange stuff in it.

yak.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Not much love for Flash Comics these days (especially the non-Hawkman covers), but I like 'em:

Love a Larson 

17 hours ago, sacentaur said:
20 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Yeah, nice stuff Gad...what's the story of the collection?

Harvey file copies perhaps?

Sure looks like it.

15 hours ago, gadzukes said:

The collection is about 300 comics in which a third of them are super high grade.  The two copies that are graded (pictured above in the thread) were 2 that he sent in to CGC to test the waters on where the grading stands for the rest.  Some of the graded comics go all the way back to CGC's 1999 "Red Labels".  He told me he didn't press anything.  He said he got into collecting in the early 90's (for his kids) and would only pick up stuff he saw that was super high grade.  The weird thing is, about 100 of the comics are absolute drek from the 90's (foil covers, gimmick covers, etc...).  There are some nice high grade Marvel Silver & Bronze too.  He said the collection was always for his kids, but they grew up and had no interest in them whatsoever, so he decided to sell them.  Lucky me.

There were a number of high grade Four Color comics.  Check out this Four Color 1348 "Yak Yak".  Like I say.... this collection has some strange stuff in it.

yak.jpg

Nice! If you ever have an itch to move that one to a new home, I know just the place for it. :)

5 hours ago, comicjack said:
16 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Not much love for Flash Comics these days (especially the non-Hawkman covers), but I like 'em:

Love a Larson 

Me, too!