• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,432 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I just had an attack of Larsonitis! 

Sounds serious! :whatthe:

It will probably require a Larsonectomy.  Mail all your Larsons to me ASAP to avoid complications. :kidaround:

32 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Just got back from Heroes in Charlotte. It has always been one of my favorite shows. We don't make a ton of money there but we have a ton of fun. Shelton Drum is a huge fan, runs a professional show, and loads it with comic creators for comic fans. There is a dedicated group of hardcore fans there who I have had the privilege of continuing friendships with for twenty five years now. One friend who I hadn't seen in a few years showed up this year, came straight to my table to say hello, and brought a comic specifically to see if I was interested.

Was I ever!!!

earthmanonvenus.jpg

^^

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Just got back from Heroes in Charlotte. It has always been one of my favorite shows. We don't make a ton of money there but we have a ton of fun. Shelton Drum is a huge fan, runs a professional show, and loads it with comic creators for comic fans. There is a dedicated group of hardcore fans there who I have had the privilege of continuing friendships with for twenty five years now. One friend who I hadn't seen in a few years showed up this year, came straight to my table to say hello, and brought a comic specifically to see if I was interested.

Was I ever!!!

earthmanonvenus.jpg

Breathtaking :whatthe:

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:
7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I like that one a lot too. I was lucky enough to pick up a pedigree of it even.

comthrillinglarson_zpsmbn9wzs9.jpg

I just had an attack of Larsonitis! 

Is it a Larson?  Is "Larson" partially erased in the 10c circle? hm

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Larson is written over the middle porthole.

12 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, it was one of Lamont's books. I know it looks weird not being in one of those big plastic things. I don't care about the number in the upper left corner. I just like to able to open it enjoy it like he did.

You should share that joy with others...

15 hours ago, adamstrange said:
17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Larson is written over the middle porthole.

Right! doh!

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, it was one of Lamont's books. I know it looks weird not being in one of those big plastic things. I don't care about the number in the upper left corner. I just like to able to open it enjoy it like he did.

Is that where they put the price stickers? hm

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Good job by CGC on this one (book looks better but the technical grade is accurate).

I remember hunting for this issue, it reprints the first Tarzan Sunday page:

211e5743-2d81-435a-8ec0-42901ca38101_zps

I've got some of those Tip Tops.  Tough to find in decent shape and underappreciated, imo.