• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice books Steve! Whole lotta slabbing going on. Hoping on not hearing another "auction announcement" still recovering from the last one...

I was thinking the same thing! lol

5 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

No chance. :foryou:

I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing. I have a lot especially Church books that might go un-documented if I were to get hit by a beer truck. Good to hear we will be keeping you around here for a while.

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Gotta love double covers (especially on a Golden Age book). :applause:

I'll second that

ShockSusp14.jpg

This book was a certified blue 9.2 w pages before I bought it. It was cracked out, called a 9.4 & sold to me. I (and Russ) enjoyed carefully thumbing it for a few years. I submitted it at the Chicago C2E2 show for grading WITHOUT it being pressed and you can see, it's still a blue 9.2 w. Kinda proves that you CAN (carefully) enjoy high grade copies without damaging them ;) Once again, sorry about the less-than-great pic.

super mystery v2 #3.jpg

9 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

The new-new holders are great, they really make the colors pop (especially on pedigree books. :) ).

I love the pop they make when they open.

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Recently back from CGC, just a straight re-holder job. LOVE the new holder. All New 8 6.5 c/ow

all new 8.jpg

Killer book Jimmy! Though Jon Berk had the cover art, your copy of the book is nicer than his. I'd say that speaks volumes as to how hard it is to find in nice shape. Well done my friend. (worship)