• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

Way back in 1985 my dad and I went to my first comic book convention in Atlanta. That year I feel in love with Flash Comics, especially the ones with Hawkman covers. I've always wanted a decent copy of #2, the first Hawkman cover and this week the opportunity finally presented itself. 1985 Me is very happy right now:

image.jpeg

Very, very cool (and a tough book at that). Though not as popular today, Flash Comics are just great. :applause:

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

Way back in 1985 my dad and I went to my first comic book convention in Atlanta. That year I feel in love with Flash Comics, especially the ones with Hawkman covers. I've always wanted a decent copy of #2, the first Hawkman cover and this week the opportunity finally presented itself. 1985 Me is very happy right now:

image.jpeg

Very cool and scarce I think. Don't remember ever seeing a copy.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

How was that show? Many vintage comic dealers?

Hey @Robot Man The show was fun!. I saw about 15/18 comic dealers. Mostly Modern/Bronze/Silver as usual .not much vintage golden age sadly :( . I saw Angelo's comics, Brad (Fine Very Fine comics) Phil, Jay and few other vendors. I got 3 golden age from a dealer who just recently got a planet comics #22, crime reporter #3 and hedy and got a good deal on them. You might have a better shot for golden age/vintage comics at Long Beach comic next Friday. I will be there also.

Edited by Dreamtoreal1
typo

9 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Hey @Robot Man The show was fun!. I saw about 15/18 comic dealers. Mostly Modern/Bronze/Silver as usual .not much vintage golden age sadly :( . I saw Angelo's comics, Brad (Fine Very Fine comics) Phil, Jay and few other vendors. I got 3 golden age from a dealer who just recently got a planet comics #22, crime reporter #3 and hedy and got a good deal on them. You might have a better shot for golden age/vintage comics at Long Beach comic next Friday. I will be there also.

Cool, sounds like you made out! They didn't post a dealer list and long drive so I skipped it.

LB next week sounds like a bust. Labor Day and same time as the SF con. Real bad timing. Also very few dealers with vintage stuff. Terry and Harley are going up north. Probably same couple of dealers you just saw plus Ed Robertson who has very little GA. That and $45. At the door. Probably going to pass unless I can get someone to get me in for an hour or so. Too bad, because I always look forward to this show.

16 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

image.jpeg

that is a super cool book, but why is Hawkman flying away from the threat ?  I bet he is looping around so he can pick up speed for a downward hawk like dive bomb attack

23 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

image.jpeg

Such a cool book!

Hawkman:Avis :: Flash:Hertz

i.e., the artists always seemed to try harder with the Hawkman covers, with supreme results (IMHO).

On August 25, 2017 at 9:08 PM, IngelsFan said:

image.jpeg

Congratulations! I share that sentiment....Still remember falling for Moldoff's Hawkman from my Famous 1st Edition Flash Comics 1 as a kid...as Sacentaur said, they are not as popular today but great books. Possibly the most generally underapprdciated major GA title these days? hm

Congrats on a tough and awesome book!