• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,444 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, Sqeggs said:

Not a huge fan of this title, but I like this cover and picked it up cheap a few years ago.  Finally got it graded.  Apparently in a three-way tie for highest graded.

2017-10-09-0001_zps9flejb2e.jpg

Fred did some nice work on the Blue Tracer for Military.

33291103955_0b5b67895c_b.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, jimjum12 said:

Nothing quite like those early GA Batmans....... page after page of prime Golden Age Batman. I picked up this one for resale, but just kind of decided it was too cool to get rid of. It's been removed from the slab and the pretty purple label is in the back of the Mylar..... the resto is very well done.... and not much of it. It's always a good learning experience to pull one of these and try to find what was done to it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

JK9jkT8.jpg

59dd83d787002_blackandwhileglossywbatman14.thumb.jpg.cde10556ad373be263d6b8ab2d4b444b.jpg

Memories, memories...... oh the books that have passed through my hands.  Nice book Jimjum !!   Cool cover and the large BATMAN logo is the best !!  Congrats on landing it !!

Edited by Senormac

6 hours ago, Senormac said:

59dd83d787002_blackandwhileglossywbatman14.thumb.jpg.cde10556ad373be263d6b8ab2d4b444b.jpg

Memories, memories...... oh the books that have passed through my hands.  Nice book Jimjum !!   Cool cover and the large BATMAN logo is the best !!  Congrats on landing it !!

Big Logo Batman :cloud9: ...... I still miss my #15......... snagged it during the height of the early CGC "restophobia" days.... it was a purple 7.5 that only had it's cover cleaned.... 700 bucks. GOD BLESS...

17 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Big Logo Batman :cloud9: ...... I still miss my #15......... snagged it during the height of the early CGC "restophobia" days.... it was a purple 7.5 that only had it's cover cleaned.... 700 bucks. GOD BLESS...

#15 has that famous Christmas story..... "The lonliest men in the world " .   I love that story  :luhv:

Some awesome stuff posted! Congrats Ltpink and entalmighty! My finds for today aren't in that class but they are pretty cool if ya like GGA. The Wings 65 is odd in that it has 1 back cover but a second front cover taped on. My first thought was maybe it was a double cover and the outer one split on the original owner, but then why only tape the front back on? Weird, but very cool.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

34A67FA1-8897-4D8D-8040-EFBF4F396CAA.thumb.jpeg.b523aa762c512128100bcb59efefdbb0.jpegBB438393-831D-45E4-8099-84B5029D2DA7.jpeg.f6cd1debe017b99ea3e53c15fca9ead2.jpeg“Hard”to top the log cover there but a upgrade today from one of the best boardies on the boards here.

One of my favorites...and it was really hard for me to find a copy for sale at all.   Love how they look like they're gonna walk right off that cover and into your room. Congrats!

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

A few years ago, I picked up a complete run of files copies of this series.  Someone told me that this was the issue to get graded. Puzzling. (shrug)

2017-10-16-0001_zpscmge4z1f.jpg

"Is someone holding up a log, or is he  happy to see the grade?" -Mae West :kidaround: