• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice grab Rick. One of the best crime books out there. Here is my $20. copy. I guess it would look a lot better in a pretty plastic case with a big number in the left corner. But, I guess I can live with it.

By the way, It's a Fawcett not an MLJ...

comunderworldcrime_zpscdw2ytqb.jpg

I know it is not an MLJ. I just put it in the wrong thread by mistake.  

I will give you a great return on your investment.  

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

You know I'm just funnin around. I got mine about 25 years ago when you were watching Sesamie Street. 

You would have to go back about 40 years for that. You know, right about the time you  started collecting Social Security  :baiting:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

And just to keep it real, here is her little sister...

comsuspensedetective_zpsday6h58k.jpg

Are you sure it's her sister?  Might actually be her having another really bad day. hm

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice grab Rick. One of the best crime books out there. Here is my $20. copy. I guess it would look a lot better in a pretty plastic case with a big number in the left corner. But, I guess I can live with it.

By the way, It's a Fawcett not an MLJ...

comunderworldcrime_zpscdw2ytqb.jpg

Yikes! That's quite the cover. Though it's covers like these that gave Wertham some credibility.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You got that right. Me and Rick are lucky fellows to own copies!

Paid about 10 bucks more than you did about the same time i think i overpaid :cry:

Remember the "good 'ole days" Jack? Nobody cared about this stuff. "Box fodder", many times, on the floor under a table. Got it from a guy selling Marvels at a show. I asked if he had any older books and me motioned me to a box. I went through a bunch of the usual Marvels in lower grade then I spotted this with a $20. price on it. I'd never seen it and it just blew me away. I bought the rest of his "old stuff" (about 5 more similar books in nice grade all priced the same). I'm pretty sure he told me $100. for all of them. He said he didn't like the "old stuff". I happily paid the man and floated away in bliss. At the time, I probably overpaid myself...

When I think of Crime comics, this is always the first one I think of, closely followed by a flood of others...

Love the crime books but people are taking notice of some of great covers and stories.There was a time nobody wanted them along with many others not so much anymore :D

Judy and I  just got back from a really cool House Party /Swap Meet at my pal Guy's house....... saw some fantastic books...... a Wonder Woman 1 on it's way to CGC .... a very little resto, but the nicest one I've ever seen ......White pages :cloud9:  Just blown away by some of the books..... a beautiful Tec 35, the full Phantom Lady run, high grade early Planets, lots of GA # 1's. Poor Judy passed out in the backyard....too many cold ones..... but it was a beautiful day to pass out in a lawn chair. I finally managed to snag a grail from my pal Tyler.... but had to trade heavily to get it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

0BCbyDv.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Judy and I  just got back from a really cool House Party /Swap Meet at my pal Guy's house....... saw some fantastic books...... a Wonder Woman 1 on it's way to CGC .... a very little resto, but the nicest one I've ever seen ......White pages :cloud9:  Just blown away by some of the books..... a beautiful Tec 35, the full Phantom Lady run, high grade early Planets, lots of GA # 1's. Poor Judy passed out in the backyard....too many cold ones..... but it was a beautiful day to pass out in a lawn chair. I finally managed to snag a grail from my pal Tyler.... but had to trade heavily to get it.... GOD BLESS...

0BCbyDv.jpg

My favorite Torchy:x

Great copy Jimbo!!

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

0BCbyDv.jpg

Thats AWESOME congrats!! I see a Science back there too. Sounds like a fun time!! 

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

0BCbyDv.jpg

Sounds like a great time Jim.  Gorgeous copy of that book. Congrats !