• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, sacentaur said:

SDCC pick-up and it's Holy Grail time as I NEVER thought I'd be able to own an acceptable copy of this book. The third ever published DC comic, the first science-fiction cover in comics, and while this copy certainly has its share of problems it is unrestored and has off-white pages. I couldn't be happier!

NEWFUN3.png

OMG! Panel 8 is to DIE for!!! What a find!!!!! And most importantly, which dealer did you convince to part with this book?

50 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

OMG! Panel 8 is to DIE for!!! What a find!!!!! And most importantly, which dealer did you convince to part with this book?

Hi Jay, it was from Terry's Comics - part of an immense comic collection that they've been bringing out over time.

22 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Hi Jay, it was from Terry's Comics - part of an immense comic collection that they've been bringing out over time.

Well, in California-speak: TOTALLY RAD, DUDE-LAR!

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

SDCC pick-up and it's Holy Grail time as I NEVER thought I'd be able to own an acceptable copy of this book. The third ever published DC comic, the first science-fiction cover in comics, and while this copy certainly has its share of problems it is unrestored and has off-white pages. I couldn't be happier!

NEWFUN3.png

Congrats, Steve! That's a great book! :applause:

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Finally found myself a nice file copy for this one that dares to ask the age old question...

Harsh dialogue to start this one off for sure!

FLI3front.jpeg

fli3interior.jpg

By today's standards she's not even that fat. Just pleasingly plump.

13 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

By today's standards she's not even that fat. Just pleasingly plump.

That was my immediate reaction too...still as one of those comics that couldn't be published today without parental protests and threats of boycotts over the insensitivity etc... I had to get myself one.  In a way one could argue a story like this is more taboo now in American culture...than graphic slasher horror zombie junk or even overtly sexual stuff.

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

NEWFUN3.png

Amazing book Steve!

9 minutes ago, szavisca said:

That was my immediate reaction too...still as one of those comics that couldn't be published today without parental protests and threats of boycotts over the insensitivity etc... I had to get myself one.  In a way one could argue a story like this is more taboo now in American culture...than graphic slasher horror zombie junk or even overtly sexual stuff.

I completely understand. I just nabbed a reader copy on eBay:bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

only 2 s.d. pick-ups, as jon's books have me kinda tapped, but I do like 'em very much.

nickel4.jpg

Whoa, how did I miss a Larson!? I have the Larson Nickel Comics 2 and 7.

It was great to finally meet you at SDCC Billy. :foryou:

On 7/24/2017 at 11:02 AM, sacentaur said:

NEWFUN3.png

Fantastic pick up Steve!!  I have always loved this multi-panel sci-fi cover.  I hope one day I can get down to LA again and paw through your copy.  Hopes of owning a copy are, as you alluded to, are scarce! 

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That's all? Only one book? I guess sales must have tanked...hm

Dismal