• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,443 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I’m sure my buddy @sagii will appreciate this one!! Finally joined the Blue Ribbon 15 Club. Had to pay more than a 1.8 price but with decent eye appeal and nice pages I was ok with it...

Blue Ribbon Comics #15

Overpaying for a book like this?  Not possible! :sumo:

That's about as nice looking a 1.8 as you could ever hope to find. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Overpaying for a book like this?  Not possible! :sumo:

That's about as nice looking a 1.8 as you could ever hope to find. 

Thanks T!!! Yeah and i was willing to go higher as well haha!! This copy was speaking to me!!

15 hours ago, path4play said:

Back from GCG, extremely in love with bright colors on gorgeous copy of cool cover.  Have to say confused on grade, but I'm no professional...

I guess for five bucks I can maybe know.

1172017053.jpg

Really a nice looking copy.  I'd take a 4.5 that looks like that any day of the week. If you submitted the books yourself, then, of course, the grader notes are free via the link on your invoice.

18 hours ago, path4play said:

Back from GCG, extremely in love with bright colors on gorgeous copy of cool cover.  Have to say confused on grade, but I'm no professional...

I guess for five bucks I can maybe know.

1172017053.jpg

Could be worth the $5 to know what accounts for the 4.5. Maybe spine splits? Though oftentimes those notes are rather less than informative... meh

Or forget about it, and just be super psyched with that great looking copy:applause:-- while reminding yourself of that comforting mantra: Buy the Book Not the Grade.

6 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Very cool! Are the colors much brighter on the inner cover? It looks like it is from the photo, but it's a bit hard to tell.

Yes, the inner-cover has very nice gloss and colors. :) 

17 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I need 15 more but the remaining ones are getting expensive 

E16D115C-10BA-4555-B4EA-826663F882D1.jpeg

Love these.  I collect old non-sports cards but this set is expensive like you said.  All graded - they look sharp too.  :applause: Good luck on completing and would love to see the completed set.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:55 PM, batman_fan said:
On 1/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, telerites said:

Love these.  I collect old non-sports cards but this set is expensive like you said.  All graded - they look sharp too.  :applause: Good luck on completing and would love to see the completed set.

I will definitely post once I complete the set !

Did you ever pick up a copy of this?  It's a must for fans of this card set. 

IMG_1027.jpg