• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Ltpink2002 said:

What can I say.  Took a beating, but finally found a nice copy.   One of the best GGA/PCH IMO.

GhostComics06.1.jpg

Such a great cover! And the screaming red on this copy! Not to mention the lurking spider-face-thing in the web. Congrats.

On 1/13/2018 at 7:15 AM, Gotham Kid said:

:applause:

That used to be this earlier last year:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700355

Also dig the 69 (thumbsu

On 1/13/2018 at 1:19 PM, Sqeggs said:

Interesting that "cleaned" disappeared from the description.  It doesn't appear to have been cleaned, so perhaps this time around the graders didn't think that it had been.

Huh.

No longer cleaned, but also, now presenting one point higher. Is the conclusion that the graders automatically knock down the grade (by a whole point) if a book is cleaned? I would think that the "restored" designation would be a sufficient penalty on the book, without its also being assigned a lower numerical grade.

Confusing, this science of grading.

Edited by Zolnerowich
Typo

12 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Huh.

No longer cleaned, but also, now presenting one point higher. Is the conclusion that the graders automatically knock down the grade (by a whole point) if a book is cleaned? I would think that the "restored" designation would be a sufficient penalty on the book, without its also being assigned a lower numerical grade.

Confusing, this science of grading.

I don't think being cleaned reduces the grade, as such.  Could be that the book was pressed or could be the randomness of grading. 

48 minutes ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Nothing like Nazis throwing kids down a toboggan so the Dragons? could feast on them   Speed comics #30  (1944) Alex Schomburg cover    

IMG_7422.JPG

That is a very cool cover, but not a Schomburg.

8 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

I stand corrected...  Al Avison right?

Avison looks right to me. :cloud9:

9 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I’m sure my buddy @sagii will appreciate this one!! Finally joined the Blue Ribbon 15 Club. Had to pay more than a 1.8 price but with decent eye appeal and nice pages I was ok with it...

Blue Ribbon Comics #15

I appreciate it to Gino. I love Blue Ribbon. Mr Justice was MLJ's answer to the Spectre. One of my favorite GA characters. Just down to a few to complete my run. 

9 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I’m sure my buddy @sagii will appreciate this one!! Finally joined the Blue Ribbon 15 Club. Had to pay more than a 1.8 price but with decent eye appeal and nice pages I was ok with it...

Blue Ribbon Comics #15

Atta boy Gino :golfclap:Love me MLJ's but Blue Ribbons were my gateway drug to the publisher. That cover (with it's trippy supernatural horror trappings

) along with most of the others in the run are some really great examples of what made golden age comics so special. One i still have to obtain. 

Big congrats dude!

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I appreciate it to Gino. I love Blue Ribbon. Mr Justice was MLJ's answer to the Spectre. One of my favorite GA characters. Just down to a few to complete my run. 

11 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

Fantastic looking 1.8.  Congrats on a very cool book!

10 hours ago, sagii said:

Atta boy Gino :golfclap:Love me MLJ's but Blue Ribbons were my gateway drug to the publisher. That cover (with it's trippy supernatural horror trappings

) along with most of the others in the run are some really great examples of what made golden age comics so special. One i still have to obtain. 

Big congrats dude!

Thanks Dudes!!! Robot shoot me a PM sometime letting me know which one you need so I don’t bid you up if one comes to market that is one feat I wouldn’t want to stand in the way of!!

I think I really oughtta be commended for how well I am doing with this whole "not buying in January" thing. This is only my this exception in the last 10 days. I feel like Dom DeLuise in Fatso :sorry:

But I finally found a copy that presents well. Red dress...check...headlights...check....bondage...check...torture threat...check :cloud9:

image.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I think I really oughtta be commended for how well I am doing with this whole "not buying in January" thing. This is only my this exception in the last 10 days. I feel like Dom DeLuise in Fatso :sorry:

But I finally found a copy that presents well. Red dress...check...headlights...check....bondage...check...torture threat...check :cloud9:

image.jpeg

Cool book and one that i have never seen!!