• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Almost bought one at Yorba Linda but my buddy wanted more than I was willing to pay for a beautiful copy with a three forth spine split. I will end up with one someday.

Be careful. Buying one can cause an obsession to form

B13E03BA-5039-41FF-8D80-1934853ED64B.jpeg

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice book to end your drought on. Now crack it and read it. Great issue!

I used to own a raw copy (purchased from Jim Payette) along most of the other GA Two Face comics.  But I sold them to focus on other things.  This is my favorite so it's nice to have a copy again.  I may upgrade it at some point.

Spoiler

This story, like many GA Two Face comics, has an imposter posing as Two Face.

Edited by Norinn Radd

5 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Money saved for Terrycon but not spent while there was quickly spent soon thereafter...most of it on this that arrived today.  Just need 14 and 18 to complete the set now!

pl19fine.jpg

Congrats! Killer Baker and nice to see you are close to completing the set.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:19 PM, szavisca said:

Money saved for Terrycon but not spent while there was quickly spent soon thereafter...most of it on this that arrived today.  Just need 14 and 18 to complete the set now!

pl19fine.jpg

The last time I talked to Baker he said #19 was actually by Carl Barks, but Barks didn't want his name associated with that kind of material...so Baker took credit for it...:whistle:

8 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Just got this nice little beauty. All flash comics 12 - first appearance of the thinker. Book isn't as pricy as I expected it to be. 

IMG_8786.JPG

Cool. That issue as well as Batman #17 and Submariner #6 all in very high grade were the first 3 GA books I ever bought. Seems like a hundred years ago. Wish I kept them...:sorry:

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool. That issue as well as Batman #17 and Submariner #6 all in very high grade were the first 3 GA books I ever bought. Seems like a hundred years ago. Wish I kept them...:sorry:

More like 80 years ago. :)

On 2/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, ThothAmon said:

Just back from CGC. Detective 193.  Would be nice if this book could catch up to the other GA Joker covers!

C3AF74F1-FC17-48AF-A387-3CACFC60B8B1.jpeg

It eventually will, it's much scarcer than many of the pricier ones. And that copy is a beauty.