• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Just re-scanned this to reflect the true colors...and I decided that since nobody ever posts this book...I would...

I love the old Targets...and this is from the "More Fun" collection sold by Bill Ponsetti a million years ago...

31411359028_b981cb6414_c.jpg

Pretty book and i remember that collection 

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Been grabbing these for years. Love these oddball titles. Most came out of dealer’s boxes at cons. Lots of early Baker and Feldstein. Two of my favorite artists. I think I have all the ones I really want except for #7 which rarely turns up.

9A2C35C9-C90E-4CAD-B29D-2AF89DAE6B34.jpeg

I love these so.

13 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

I have given up on finding complete 2.0 and above on theses early Foxes. I is to po. So I have joined the bottom feeders. This is my first journey in that realm.   Presents well, complete so I can read it. Yes I read every orginal I have. So all I need is a back cover or incomplete or full cover. If anyone has. Please DM. 

That's a great-looking front for sure!  (thumbsu

With the caveat that there is no #3... I will have a run of the earliest Fantastic Comics coming up in the Heritage weekly auction beginning November 4th. If you're in the hunt for these toughies, you'll want to tune in. It will be a bottom-feeder's paradise.  :whee:

On 10/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, Cimm said:

It's taken me quite a few years, but I have finally completed my spectrum set of Planet Comics #52. I bought the "no magenta" copy off of Metropolis years ago, and found a perfectly colored copy on Heritage a couple of weeks ago. As a Fiction House aficionado, the extreme color ranges available in each issue have always fascinated me. Their printer just did not care, and would let the ink go until it was.absolutely.empty.

Planet Comics 52 both ends of the spectrum A.JPG

Planet Comics 52 both ends of the spectrum B.JPG

Now that's really cool!

Do you think this was a situation where the cyan and magenta inks slowly ran out, in which case there should be a good number of existing copies that look yellow predominant, or if this was a one-off mistake resulting in just this one yellow copy? The Metropolis label on the back cover sort of sounds like this was a one-off mistake. Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge about magazine printing processes, so these questions might be total nonsense...

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This Phantom Lady 19 from NYCC is the best copy I have ever had. Colors are unreal. This photo is not juiced at all even though it looks it- straight scan. Yum :x

fc.jpg

Nice...19 doesn't come up for sale often lately.  Only seen it a few times in the last couple years and usually only rag copies.  Stellar 7.0.