• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, Point Five said:

Hit Comics with a nice Reed Crandall cover. Watch out for those heartless sirens!

hit64.jpg.bc043182c0103e996f94acef1585e4e5.jpg

I'm not sure she's heartless so much as she's in a heaping helping of trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I really didn’t get into comics (other than Peanuts) until the early 90’s and I remember one book standing out above all others to me in the Gerber Photojournals. For 27 years I’ve wanted one book but every time one would come around (which wasn’t often) I would just miss it or not be in a place to buy it.  Anyway, I finally have it and am OK with it even as a PLOD. This is my Action 1 or Detective 27.

It is the only book of the 100 I set out to get when I got back in comics around 5 years ago that I haven’t had...until now. :acclaim:

51472FD3-21D3-4561-87D0-2FF4DB9F981C.jpeg

I'm glad you got one i know it it feels to be on the hunt for so long.That book in any form is awesome because most mom's wouldn't let you buy it with a cover like that :applause:

47 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I really didn’t get into comics (other than Peanuts) until the early 90’s and I remember one book standing out above all others to me in the Gerber Photojournals. For 27 years I’ve wanted one book but every time one would come around (which wasn’t often) I would just miss it or not be in a place to buy it.  Anyway, I finally have it and am OK with it even as a PLOD. This is my Action 1 or Detective 27.

It is the only book of the 100 I set out to get when I got back in comics around 5 years ago that I haven’t had...until now. :acclaim:

Congrats!  So did the message in your sig line help find it?

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Rick: super congrats!!! The book presents great! I know how much you wanted to land this grail, and am psyched that you’ve made it happen. From one comic book junkie to another, I’m proud for you!

So what’s going to be your encore?

7 hours ago, sagii said:

Cross posted from the L.B. Cole Thread. interior shots courtesy of DCM. 4Most Comics v8 #2, Cool cover and Interior GGA by Cole.

Four Most v8 #2.jpg

Cool!  I don't recall having seen this one before.

6 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wonderful book and looks good as it is.  But I wonder whether it might be worth doing some further resto to spruce it up? hm

Major congrats on a major grail landed by a major collector!!

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Rick: super congrats!!! The book presents great! I know how much you wanted to land this grail, and am psyched that you’ve made it happen. From one comic book junkie to another, I’m proud for you!

So what’s going to be your encore?

No encore, that was the curtain call right there. 

18 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

BFC45DE3-7D12-4A4E-9DCB-D839B7A1B8EA.gif.bbb8566d811cdc0cd55803e4722c99e2.gif

A5AA6BB6-6F82-46AC-BA16-F477600C7051.gif.f238c3e63ea20d3dda0749e0640732f5.gif

B5E0B24D-40D5-4B26-B4DD-7228952BA000.gif.63b5b9527594a4feb7c72cf067de826e.gif

Unless you get an upgrade, please never,never let this see the light of day in one of your sales threads here or elsewhere. (tsk)

Edited by N e r V

On 10/27/2018 at 5:00 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

congrats Rick! that is an awesome book!:golfclap:

On 10/27/2018 at 5:00 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Hey Rick. Haven't been in GA for a few days and saw this. Congrats! In my opinion, the book to have if you are a GGA collector. I had one time and foolishly sold it. Been sorry ever since. One of my top 5 books. Try to hang on to it for a little while...:baiting: