• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, Larryw7 said:
On 11/15/2018 at 8:27 PM, Sqeggs said:

Baker!

The funny thing is that I don't usually like photo covers, but this one is a classic and the girl is gorgeous. Plus who can refuse a pretty girl who gives boys the green light

Um, actually, apparently Baker could!

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

So I was surprised this morning to see this post come through on a Facebook group. A long time collector had some extra time and decided to sort his books on his kitchen table this weekend. That's some sorting!

It just goes to show that there are still plenty of raw gems out there destined to come for sale someday!!

DreamTable.JPG.a7917a6ba831376cd3d67bb28251a862.JPG

Jeeze! What a haul!  Yep, a lot of raw GA still in collector's hands out there.

That photo reminded me of this old one...

rickdurellarticle3.jpg

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

So I was surprised this morning to see this post come through on a Facebook group. A long time collector had some extra time and decided to sort his books on his kitchen table this weekend. That's some sorting!

It just goes to show that there are still plenty of raw gems out there destined to come for sale someday!!

Nice bunch of Centaurs :smile:

On 11/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Amazing!!!  Could be 500k-1 mill on that table.

21 hours ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Legend has it Ric Durell's collection was awesome. Did you know him Bob?  

Not personally. I was a LOT younger than he was. Through a couple of much older friends, I did get to go over to his house once. The books on the bed that the cat was walking on were his "under copies". He had quite the collection. He was one of the first deep pocket collectors. I think Yellow Kid knew him pretty well. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, Xeno1997 said:

This is my first post on the golden age threads!:preach:

I absolutely love golden age Timleys! 

Here is a extremely tough Timely that never comes up, Stan Lees first super hero! The mighty Destroyer in Mystic comics 10, the last issue with a extremely low print run!! 

Anything with Destroyer i immediately fall in love with! He's such an awesome golden age character! My favorite Timely super hero by far, and also like i earlier mentioned, Stan Lees first superhero creation along side with Jack binder! which most people don't even know about. I had to have CGC change the label on my mystic comics 6 which is destroyers first appearance!

1656129947_mystic10.thumb.jpg.df32e5554cc47af23f45f7d53e667279.jpg

Welcome to the GA board!  Great book. 

On 11/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Supes 1, Batman 1, Flash 1, All Star 3, All-American 16 -- dang. I don't see the Action 1 or the Detective 27, but I'm still looking! ;-)