• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, Timely said:
On 1/16/2019 at 7:26 AM, Frisco Larson said:

A fairly recent pick up.

20190116_062003.png

This is that one-off "What if Hitler was a cow poacher?" issue!

You know, as soon as I saw the guy with the orange top, I thought that if this were a WW II scene, the book would be on the "arguably a Hitler cover" list.  The "arguably a Hitler cover list" is to the "Hitler cover list" as the "Hall of the Pretty Good" is to the "Hall of Fame" in baseball. :)

On 1/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, Dr. Love said:

science comics 1 !

errr...the other science comics

ScienceComics01fc100_zpse1624647.jpg

Glad that the science in this one is true. 

I was trapped in an electric eye the other day.  The eye was my wife's as she contemplated the dough I spend on comics. 

On 1/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, Straw-Man said:

thrilled with last nite's h'tage pick-up!

champion5.jpg

I think I bid you up a bit on that one.  If I had known it was you ... of course I'd have bid higher!

On 1/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, Sqeggs said:

You know, as soon as I saw the guy with the orange top, I thought that if this were a WW II scene, the book would be on the "arguably a Hitler cover" list.  The "arguably a Hitler cover list" is to the "Hitler cover list" as the "Hall of the Pretty Good" is to the "Hall of Fame" in baseball. :)

Yes, but in baseball the Hall of Pretty Good and the Hall of Fame have become indistinguishable.  :shy:

6 hours ago, PopKulture said:
On 1/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sqeggs said:

Yes, but in baseball the Hall of Pretty Good and the Hall of Fame have become indistinguishable.  :shy:

But Harold Baines was a feared slugger in his day, I tell ya!  :sumo:

Honestly, if Baines's mother is still alive, I have a feeling she would agree that the only way Harold should get in the Hall is by buying a ticket.

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Reeled this one in the other night. Aside for being a Hitler cover it boasts the baddie the Hun, monsters, bondage, and 2 separate axis powers about to get thwomped by the Wizard and Shield. Great first splash imo and the Reiman Wizard splash is also very cool. This book also on a side note contains an add for Archie Comics #1. All around neat-o if I do say so myself...

Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8

What a score Gino! And a sweet bonus sharing the splash pages. The Wizard splash is :cloud9: