Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
37 37

43,524 posts in this topic

5,091 posts

@manetteska...tried to quote your post but failed.

Good copy...BAD cover.

IMG  CRIME  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

22,712 posts
On 1/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, Timely said:
On 1/16/2019 at 7:26 AM, Frisco Larson said:

A fairly recent pick up.

20190116_062003.png

This is that one-off "What if Hitler was a cow poacher?" issue!

You know, as soon as I saw the guy with the orange top, I thought that if this were a WW II scene, the book would be on the "arguably a Hitler cover" list.  The "arguably a Hitler cover list" is to the "Hitler cover list" as the "Hall of the Pretty Good" is to the "Hall of Fame" in baseball. :)

22,712 posts
1 hour ago, Marty Mann said:

No...some were 15 cents.

get-attachment-2.aspx.jpeg

This might be my favorite cover from that run.  Nice copy. 

22,712 posts
On 1/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, Dr. Love said:

science comics 1 !

errr...the other science comics

ScienceComics01fc100_zpse1624647.jpg

Glad that the science in this one is true. 

I was trapped in an electric eye the other day.  The eye was my wife's as she contemplated the dough I spend on comics. 

22,712 posts
On 1/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, Straw-Man said:

thrilled with last nite's h'tage pick-up!

champion5.jpg

I think I bid you up a bit on that one.  If I had known it was you ... of course I'd have bid higher!

22,712 posts

Is Toby the company with the hardest books to locate?  It would be interesting -- but very tough, I think -- to try to accumulate a complete set of their books.  

01903631550000111990642009.jpg

5,091 posts
13 hours ago, Illustrious said:

Picked this up last week:

46185845304_8fdba94cb2_c.jpg

TERRIFIC!  This is one that I have never seen.

Marty

1,384 posts
On 1/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, Sqeggs said:

You know, as soon as I saw the guy with the orange top, I thought that if this were a WW II scene, the book would be on the "arguably a Hitler cover" list.  The "arguably a Hitler cover list" is to the "Hitler cover list" as the "Hall of the Pretty Good" is to the "Hall of Fame" in baseball. :)

Yes, but in baseball the Hall of Pretty Good and the Hall of Fame have become indistinguishable.  :shy:

22,712 posts
6 hours ago, PopKulture said:
On 1/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sqeggs said:

Yes, but in baseball the Hall of Pretty Good and the Hall of Fame have become indistinguishable.  :shy:

But Harold Baines was a feared slugger in his day, I tell ya!  :sumo:

Honestly, if Baines's mother is still alive, I have a feeling she would agree that the only way Harold should get in the Hall is by buying a ticket.

6,239 posts
7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Reeled this one in the other night. Aside for being a Hitler cover it boasts the baddie the Hun, monsters, bondage, and 2 separate axis powers about to get thwomped by the Wizard and Shield. Great first splash imo and the Reiman Wizard splash is also very cool. This book also on a side note contains an add for Archie Comics #1. All around neat-o if I do say so myself...

Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8Shield Wizard Comics #8

What a score Gino! And a sweet bonus sharing the splash pages. The Wizard splash is :cloud9: